Re: X/Y Spoilers topic

Where does it suggest the form changes are permanent?

52 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2013-08-08 16:15:30)

WMG: I think they "mega formes" are more of an alternate evolutions rather than a forme change.

Then again, why would they make it so that you could never get your "original forme" mon back? I question myself because "new Mewtwo" is listed as a mega evolution.

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

53 (edited by memyselfandI 2013-08-08 16:02:48)

So...would that mean Absol and Mawile are getting actual evos?

...Or prevos?

At least the "mega evolutions" are more likely to be easier to explain IRP than the Fairy type.

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

Yeah, I don't see it requiring an out and out retcon.

(And the artwork has started)

Ŝafo wouldn't be nearly as anti-evolution if he knew that fluffiness was a possibility.

New!Ampharos is Electric/Dragon and gets Mold Breaker.

Admittedly some of them look very interesting (Mawile and Ampharos mostly) but I reaaaaaaaally have to question the need of a 4th evolution level for Pokémon that already have three stages. Also I presume if one starter is getting Mega evolutions, then all of them are. And most importantly, that if Scizor is going to get a Mega evolution then Scyther is going to get one too. (Ditto for Steelix/Onix, I guess)

Also is it just me or "Mega Evolution" sounds like they want to head the Digimon way?

Definitvely the only way they'll get my attention on this is if we have some equity in that most if not all mons are getting Mega formes, because Nidoran have been grossly ignored for long already.

Hmmm... if all of this is confirmed canon soon enough, I might have some use for it all.

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Mega!Blaziken: 3MAKES CONFIRMED!

(Holding out for Mega!Tropius, it could happen, right?)

Oh, and Mega!Nium :p

Sanity is precious; use it sparingly.

I think that if I give Ovis the opportunity to transform, I'll give him bishie sparkles for lulz.

Tangent128 wrote:

Mega!Nium

…Lol, I didn't think about that~

Depending on how things go I'll keep the transformations for my NPCs for the most part. Bishie sparkles for Squall, if possible. Oh and Ichtacya, she could use one.

Double posting because I just noticed.

Blaziken.
Absol.
Mawile.
Lucario (who debuted in anime during G3)

...3MAKES CONFIRMED!

rmctagg09 wrote:

New!Ampharos is Electric/Dragon and gets Mold Breaker.

And it has fancy Beethoven hair and tail fur.

Totally going to use this for Ohm in my story. [spoiler]If I ever write it. ;_;

"Rex, you're weird!" - Preschooler, Pokémon White 2

I'm kinda ambivalent about the bombshell about Megas. I mean, if they're revertable upgrades, (the fact that these forms are literally just "Mega"+[Name] seems to suggest that they're a step below evolution as we know it), I guess it's a fairly neat gameplay mechanic that would make for some interesting battle mechanics, and a way to buff some stalwarts that have gotten hosed by the series' Power Creep, Power Seep.

On the other hand... Those designs. They make me feel like this.

If Mega forms AREN'T transient, I guess my opinions about them would more or less boil down to if there's any forms that come off as being better-executed than the ones that I've seen, which are currently at "meh" or worse territory on my end. Also, I would be forever disappoint at not being able to do a couple of homages IRP that would only make sense for transient form changes.

Cautiously awaiting more info before deciding whether or not this is a disappointment or exciting. Also, to see what potential Mega!Druddigon and Mega!Archeops look like.

65 (edited by Umbramatic 2013-08-08 20:02:47)

Woah woah WOAH people.

NOWHERE has it said that these are permanent like true evolutions. For all we know these could just be extra-fancy forme changes. Mewtwo having one outright implies it. And I would kinda prefer it that way.

Though either way, I am excited because AMPHAROS IS A TRUE DRAGON SHEEP NOW

My girlfriend is a Volcarona, your argument is invalid.

I'm compiling some reactions from /vp/ and /pk/ (a chilean board's Pokémon section) with screenshots to post them later. Some of the reactions and proposals are rather interesting. For example, someone brought to attention that there's a lot of denial and "whyyyyy?" for something that we've already had in canon for quite a while, re Darmanitan. Someone else wonders how are they going to do with inanimate Pokémon and their megaforms, as things like Voltorb/Electrode don't have any fur to add Mega Bangs to.

It's confirmed that Mega Evolutions are in-battle only.

I can see Voltorb and Electrode being redecorated like more powerful pokeballs.

Keys2tkingdom wrote:

I can see Voltorb and Electrode being redecorated like more powerful pokeballs.

...But the fur! I mean look at MegaLucario! MegaBlaziken! And MegaAmpharos! Giving mons Saiyan hair is the entire point of the Mega forms visually speaking!

Also, for your enjoyment, MegaUnown!

@Tagg

Well, then. Count me as hype get~

Still can't help but feel that "Mega" would sound a billion times classier as "Trance"- *bricked*

And woo hoo! Excuse to play Tamers music IRP!

Tracer: :P

And in-battle only? Interesting...

My girlfriend is a Volcarona, your argument is invalid.

72 (edited by Quarter Dollar 2013-08-08 20:55:00)

I have seen Babe's future and it involves mega evos and rocker hair. ROCKER HAIR.

<Well den, yous all is screwed.>

EDIT: Words on other thinnnngggsss:

Gogoat pre-evo is hnnnnngtastic <3 Dedenne is adorable as well, reminds me of Hamtaro. Not a big fan of the rabbit.

YES! MAWILE IS STEEL/FAIRY!

New Pokemon look somewhat nice as well.

And Mega Evolutions... Wonder how that will pan out. I kind of hope it's available for at least one of each line and possibly each Pokemon depending on how it'll be used, though that might not be quite feasible.

"Welcome. Do you have some... b u s i n e s s?"

"Halt dein Höllesobst mir fern, Versucher." ~ jedesdummisel

I was trying to avoid spoilers, but then I happened to take a peek at the page anyway. I'm torn on the Absol evolution. First off, why isn't it Dark/Flying? Are those wings just for show?

And second, I liked when I could mostly ignore Magic Bounce because all its users are Psychic type. I'm betting it's all people will care about Absol for now, much like with Xatu and Espeon.

Hmmm. In-Battle only, eh? Still badass.

<Whatchu lookin at, PUNK?>