26 (edited by Umbramatic 2016-08-09 18:14:53)

Re: The Official Sun and Moon Spoiler/Speculation Thread!

aaaaaa Alolan Marowak and Meowth confirmed as Fire/Ghost and Datk respectively

Also Creepypasta Sandcastle, Bigger Fish, and a cute litte red panda pre-evo for Bewear.

Bad news is they jossed Team Pineapple. :/ Team Skull looks cool tho.

My girlfriend is a Volcarona, your argument is invalid.

27 (edited by Umbramatic 2016-08-09 23:07:47)

Alright, just for funsies, since it looks like only G1 mons will be getting Alola forms I'm dropping guesses as to what sort of Alola form typings certain G1 families will get and seeing if I get any right (and which ones I'm particularly hillariously wrong on). Some will be left out for various reasons (they're already revealed to not get an Alola form, there's factors that'd likely prevent them from getting one, there's a leak I accidentally saw I don't want to use to cheat, I just can't think of one, etc.)

Weedle line: Bug/Dark

Pidgey line: Electric/Flying

Spearow line: Dark/Flying or Steel/Flying

Ekans line: Some combination of Dark Dragon, or Fire

Venonat line: Bug/Fairy

Diglett line: Steel/something

Golduck: Psychic/something

Mankey line: Grass/something

Machop line: Psychic or Psychic/something. Alternatively Fighting/Fairy

Bellsprout line: Grass/Fire

Tentacool line: Water/Dark, Water/Psychic, or Water/Fighting

Geodude line: Steel/Grass

Ponyta line: Psychic/something

Farfetch'd: Fairy/something

Dewgong: Ice/Psychic

Grimer line: Fire, Fire/Ground, or Fire/Steel. (Lava Muk, yo!)

Shellder line: Dark/Steel

Gastly Line: Fire or Fire/Poison

Drowzee line: Fairy/Ghost

Krabby line: Fighting/Bug

Koffing line: Grass/Fairy

Tangela: Water/Poison

Kangaskhan: Fighting/something

Goldeen line: Fairy/Poison

Staryu line: Rock/something

Mr. Mime: Ghost/Fighting

Jynx: Grass/something

Gyarados: Dragon/Fire or Dragon/something

Snorlax: Some combination of Rock, Ground, Steel, or Grass

Dragonite: Dragon/Fairy, Dragon/Water, or Dragon/something else not Flying

Now let's wait and see.

I'm totally not obsessed with Alolan Raichu and Pyukumuku.

TOTALLY NOT

I'm actually more hype for the Alolan forms than the new Pokes. Don't get me wrong, they've revealed some cool new guys (and a few designs that will doubtless join the "genwunner punching bag" club, such as the haunted sandcastles), but as with Mega Evolutions it's great to see GF being brave and shaking up their most iconic designs a little. Vulpix/Ninetales are my favourites so far because Alex's sqeauling fanboy reaction to any given foxmon is basically me projecting onto him, but I'm also confident Belinda would appreciate Alolan Meowth and glad to see Raichu getting some love instead of its cheeky little brother.

"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters." -Audrey Hepburn

30 (edited by Umbramatic 2016-08-13 01:53:08)

@Uill: To some extent same here at this point, hehe. It helps they've been focusing on the G1 set so far, which are probably the ones most in need of the sort of fresh coat of paint Alolan forms give them after 20 years and decidedly benefiting a ton from it. My favorites are Aloloan Marowak, Ninetales, and Raichu in ascending order, but I love them all.

Also Team Skull is growing on me because of their sheer cheesiness. They're an amagalation of bad "Thug Lyfe" steryotypes with their own fucking rap that sounds like something out of TWEWY and I can't even

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFWLoyZESAc

New Pokemon! This thing is Turtonator, which looks a bit like the genetic hybrid of a Magmar and a Beyblade.

"The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters." -Audrey Hepburn

32 (edited by Umbramatic 2016-08-19 20:26:02)

can I just say I like Turtonator and Crabrawler SO MUCH

Though I'm very happy that Sandygast, Pallosand, and Stufful finally have their English names. Especially because I REALLY like said names.

Alola Raichu is too adorable and precious for this world <3

I am the Blue Star of the night! I fight for JUSTICE!

After noticing Alolan Rattata's whiskers and how they resemble a little moustache, I can't help but feel disappointed with Faticate (as I've semi-affectionately dubbed it). I'd hoped Alolan Raticate would be a Dastardly Whiplash-inspired redux of the original, with a big curly whiskerstache and a little fur top hat and everything.

In other news, whoah howdy that Corocoro leak has some big implications. Everyone's already pointed out the obvious links between UB01 and Lillie, but now we have UB02 Beauty, which couldn't look more Lusamine if it tried. Indeed, aren't words like "beautiful" and "glamorous" bandied around a whole lot in Lusamine's official descriptions? Methinks there's a conspiracy afoot...

It's harder to link UB02 Expansion to any character we've seen so far, though. The mystery deepens!

35 (edited by Umbramatic 2016-09-13 06:24:50)

The other UB-02 is clearly Gladion's muscleman mosquito alter-ego.

Also, what are you talking about Uill Alolan Ratatta and Raticate are clearly Waluigi and Wario

In other news, loving Type:Null and both forms of Rockruff's evo, and quite fond of Jangmo-o as well. Of the secondmost as I've stated I'm slightly fonder of the night form due to resemblance to a certain werewolf named Keaton from Fire Emblem Fates, though am very grateful Day form finally gives us a straight-up wolf after all these years.

also you are now imagining day form voiced by kevin bacon and night form voiced by michael j fox that should give you hints to my cheesy nicknames for them

Moved from the D!Thread:

I saw a theory that the Ultra Beasts are basically super-sized versions of various types of plankton. UB-01 is a jellyfish (which indeed is a type of plankton, albeit not the typical microscopic sort people usually think of), UB-02 Abs is a zoea (a crab larva), UB-02 Beauty is a Copeopod, UB-03 Lighting is essentially a Diatom (type of algae) colony stylized to resemble hanging lights, and UB-05 Glutton is a crab megalopa (technically not planktonic, but it's the adult form of something that, in its larval stage, ''is'' plankton). There's also the two Corocoro showed but I won't talk about those until the full game is out.

I also have a theory that they have a secondary basis in the Seven Deadly Sins, considering Glutton and Beauty (aka lust). Absorption would probably be Wrath. Dunno how the others would play into it though, or if there's going to be exactly seven.

Anyway that's me going of on theory tangents!

[Spectrum was here!]

37 (edited by Umbramatic 2016-11-15 04:26:38)

I could see coepod for Beauty. Not so much zoea for Abs.

(Plankton of Spongebob happens to be a coepod, by the way. So if the Ultra Beasts are catchable I wanna name one Karen now. :P)

38 (edited by Hobgoblin 2016-11-15 17:37:22)

Beauty looks pretty neat.

"Rex, you're weird!" - Preschooler, Pokémon White 2

Alolan Dugtrio is my child and I love them

40 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2016-11-27 19:36:23)

Ruby?! Is that you? What possessed you to dye your hair?!

Jaune?! What the heck are YOU doing here as well?!

(note that there defeat poses make them look even more like the RWBY characters... I swear GF is going all out to sneak these shout outs into the game... O_O;; )

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!