Topic: Bitty's Death Battle Royale!
(TW: Death, in various gruesome ways)
- The battlegrounds, whatever form they may take, are at a cosmic ley point where any combatant may draw their abilities from any plane they have experience with. All elemental types are boosted to the level that an Aura Nexus may provide, so that every combatant may fight to the peak of their abilities.
- Every combatant has access to any tools and resources they have ever been in possession of, and can pull them out of hammerspace at a moment's notice. A costume change will still require time.
- However, they do not have access to outside allies. Each human combatant may have a team of six Pokemon, and no more, out of any that they have ever been bound to by the Vow in their history. These Pokemon can be declared individually at any point, with an immediate cutoff once the sixth one has been declared. Any entity capable of autonomous thought is required to be of this category, and cannot be considered a tool (e.g. Honedge) or resource (e.g. mooks).
- Internal alliances between combatants are permitted, but the royale will not end until only one human combatant and/or what remains of their team of six are left standing.
- Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts are present for the sake of healing between combat encounters. They do not grant sanctuary.
- The battle's result is not predetermined by statistics; the decisions characters make can change the outcome just as their actual abilities in combat. This is a scene, not an analysis.
- The combatants of the battle royale are consciously aware of the rules by which the battle operates, to the letter.
- Pragmatism overrides sentimentality.
- There are no death wishes.
- Loopholes are encouraged.
Let the games begin!
-The world fades into a city. Not the sprawling expanses and skyscrapers one might associate with, say, Castelia, but large enough that nobody can quite see each other yet.-
-Of course, that's not for long. Vierr Qualtis's immediate first action is to close his eyes, and tune in with the Nexus around him. His senses stretch out around the area, and one by one, he becomes aware of his opponents. Kai, who has already sent out Spectrum, declaring her as their first team member. Skye, taking to the sky in Skarmory form. Diane, taking watch at the top of a building. Alyssa, merely wandering, taking in her surroundings. Rose at the Pokemon Center, checking her PC boxes to consider her team options. Scarlette, declaring Gus on her team immediately. And Mason, who already seems to be trying some illusionary bullshit.-
-Pff. As if Dark-type illusions had a chance against a pan-Auric in a Nexus.-
-Who Vierr doesn't pick up on is Echo. Her Aura Jammer is, of course, active, keeping her away from prying senses, and she's blending in with the faceless, undefined crowds. No action yet -- only observation.-
-Vierr picks his target, and starts advancing through the city.-