Re: Herbert40k's Wrap-Up Thread

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

Lyuri quickly makes an Aura staff of her own to block Titan's attacks "If there's anything I know is that anger makes you stupid, so if I keep going..." she thought, keeping her cool "Relying on violence when you can't win huh? You're not much better than a Pokemon if you're just acting like that! Not only that, but your son sees Duke as a brother, this Lucario did a better job at raising him than you! Duke is more human than you, yet you still treat him as a dumb attack dog,  if that's what you think, what do you think it means for your own son, for yourself? A dumb attack dog is better at raising your own kid than you, that puts you below him, you hypocrite! You're just as bad as Allen!"

Duke is struck by the Mach Punch and sent skidding back a bit, he then puts a paw over his chest where it hit "<I'm not blind to her faults, I'm aware of them and I'm not going to pretend they don't exist.>"

He then attacks Omega with another Earhquake. This one much weaker due to the lack of boost.

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

Titan: I SAID SILENCE!

-He unleashes a massive burst of crackling Auric energy that engulfs nearly the entire clearing, powerful enough to send Omega flying when combined with the Earthquake. She crashes into a charred tree trunk and lies still. Titan sways on his feet for a moment or two, then keels over, his own Aura pitifully weak and drained due to overexertion. The only sound in the forest is the crackling of flames as the fire burns on.-

303 (edited by FullMoon 2014-08-23 22:56:06)

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

Lyuri is sent flying into a tree due to the burst, Duke manages to resist it though, even if it did push him back a bit, he quickly goes over to Lyuri.

"<Lyuri! Are you ok?>"

Lyuri rubs the back of her head "Bleh... Not what I was expecting. I'm fine though." she looks at all the fire "Quick! Rain Dance!"

Duke performs a ritualistic dance in order to make it rain in the forest in order to put out the fire. Lyuri then gets up and looks at Titan with Duke at her side.

"For someone who wanted to kill us, you were pretty ineffective. We won, I guess now is time for you to run away like the coward that you are." she bluntly said

"<That was quite the feral display you showed there, certainly. It was foolish to unleash all your Aura like that. In the end you were beaten by the so-called weak-willed trainer without she needing to attack you once.>" said Duke.

"I wonder, do your Pokemon approve of what you're doing? Or are they sticking around with you just because of what you once were? You talk about Pokemon as if they were below humans, but like I said, you've shown yourself to be more incompetent than most Pokemon." said Lyuri as she folded her arms.

304 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-23 23:18:20)

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

-Titan remains silent and motionless.-

Omega: <...I don't think he can hear you. Probably fainted. Which may be for the best.>

-She hauls herself onto all fours and lopes over to Titan's prone form, limping as she does.-

Omega: <I can't speak for the others, but the idea of an emotionless world... doesn't sound all that appealing to me, really. I'd never get to experience the thrill that comes from doing battle with a challenging opponent or setting an entire forest ablaze. But it's not about the destination for me. I prefer to savour the journey. Live in the moment for all it's worth. Our time together will come to an end eventually, one way or the other... it's in my name, in fact. Omega. The end of all things. Until that point, however, I plan on making the most of the time we have. I don't care when or how it finally runs out. I've got no regrets... save for the fact that I won't die fighting.>

-She looks up at Lyuri and Duke.-

Omega: <...You two gave us a good fight, so I don't think I'll keep trying to kill you. Not today. I look forward to our next meeting, though... after all, I love a challenge.>

-She grabs Titan by the shoulders and drags him out of the clearing, the two soon disappearing into the foliage.-

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

Duke and Lyuri watch as Omega goes, the latter then picking up her Holocaster and sending a text.

To: Lucius/Auric Avenger/Pipsqueak

Had an encounter with your dad, he just tried to burn Vien Forest and also tried to kill Duke.

306 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-23 23:55:58)

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

-The response to Lyuri's text is almost as immediate as it is predictable.-

To: Lyuri

He did what?

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

Lucius might then hear his holocaster ring, as in, somebody calling him.

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

-Lyuri's call goes unanswered. Instead, there is a blip some thirty seconds later, and the boy himself appears in the clearing accompanied by his Alakazam.-

Lucius: There. Call me paranoid, but if we're going to talk this over, I'd rather we did it face-to-face. Anyway, back to my original question: He did what?

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

Lyuri ends the call as Lucius teleported in.

"Pretty much what I said, I came here looking for Duke because it was getting a little late and found out that the forest was catching on fire and that Duke was having to deal with Titan and his Infernape both at once." said Lyuri

"<I'm all right though, just got punched on the chest once. Things would've gone a lot differently if Lyuri hadn't arrived though...>" said Duke, still in Mega form.

310 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-24 00:30:05)

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

-Lucius' eyes start scanning the clearing.-

Lucius: Which way did he go? If he hasn't teleported away yet, we could still have time to track him down, make sure that he's dealt with for good this time around...

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

"I'm not sure, the forest is big so he could be anywhere in it by now, he likely has been teleported out already. He kind of knocked himself out trying to fight me." said Lyuri

"<It would be hard to track his Aura as well since it's so weak currently.>" said Duke.

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

-Lucius scowls darkly.-

Lucius: I hope the bastard managed to put himself into a coma. Maybe then he'd learn his lesson... I'm used to him making my life miserable, but actually going out of his way to try and kill my friends? That's a new low for him. Not that this sort of thing surprises me anymore...

-He sighs and sits down on top of a burnt tree stump.-

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

"I think I know why this happened, but how did this start, Duke?" asked Lyuri

Duke then reverts back to his regular form and wears the armband again "I just came across him while walking back to town, but he pretty much attacked me because he thought that all this time I've been abusing and manipulating you and that you only stay at my side because you're afraid of me doing something to you if you don't."

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

Lucius: ...That's his reasoning, huh? Typical... just because he thinks like a robot he expects everybody else to do the same...

-His gaze falls to the ash scattered across the ground, a pensive expression passing across his face.-

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

"Something on your mind? You might as well speak up." said Lyuri.

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

Lucius: ...No. It's nothing. Nothing worth sharing, at any rate. (I have to keep my thoughts and fears to myself from now on... I can't risk them being used against me again.)

-He gets to his feet, folding his arms and looking Lyuri and Duke up and down as if carefully scrutinising them.-

Lucius: Aside from this whole incident, is there anything else you've been doing recently that you'd like to talk to me about?

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

"Lucius, it's hard enough to help you when we know what's going on, keeping things hidden is not going to make it any easier." said Lyuri, sighing.

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

-Lucius' gaze drops once again.-

Lucius: ...I'm getting professional help now, you know. Seeing a therapist to help me deal with my problems rather than bottling it all up inside. It's something I should've done a year ago. You don't need to worry about me hiding things away - whatever's on my mind, they're taking care of it. Anyway, you didn't answer my question.

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

"You are? Well, still, you didn't give me an honest answer either. Even if you're seeking professional help, it doesn't mean we don't want to help you deal with your problems." said Lyuri

"Lyuri, you shouldn't insist too much." said Duke, sighing.

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

Lucius: Thank you, Duke. Look, I can appreciate the concern, but there's some things that I don't want to talk about and you don't want to hear. Can we please just leave it at that?

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

"All right, all right, gee." said Lyuri, sighing

"As for what we've been doing recently... Well, we're just trying to enjoy ourselves and other than that we haven't been up to much." said Duke

"Oh, and Duke managed to charm a girl just because she walked on him shirtless in our room. It was priceless, you should've seen it." said Lyuri, smirking

"You just had to mention that one..." Duke sweatdrops.

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

-Lucius smirks slightly.-

Lucius: Some things never change, do they? Here's hoping you let the poor girl down gently. Anyway...

-There is an awkward, slightly pregnant pause that lasts for a couple of seconds.-

Lucius: ...I guess I'll see you two around. Though seeing as you're here in Almia and I'm staying in Unova, we probably won't be bumping into each other particularly often... still, try and stay out of trouble, won't you? Going out of your way to put yourself in danger is my thing.

-He turns and starts to walk away.-

Vien Forest - 22/8/14

Lyuri looks a bit concerned after Lucius leaves.

"Sometimes I wonder if anything we do or say for him is going to make any difference." she said.

"I'm not sure, but we certainly can't just give up on him either." said Duke

"Yup, I just hope that professional help actually does something to help." said Lyuri

They then leave the clearing together.

Pueltown Hospital - 24/8/14

-There is a rather faint knock on the door to Crewe's room.-

Pueltown Hospital - Nope, still not doing dates

-Crewe gives an exasperated sigh-

Chaaaaaaad get the door!

-the door opens-