1 (edited by BittersweetNSour 2014-03-14 01:53:00)

Topic: What If: A Hypothetical J-Team Future

2026. Twelve years after what we currently know of the J-Team. By now, they've probably gone their separate ways. A new generation has started. And they've answered an important question:

What now?

[Spectrum was here!]

Re: What If: A Hypothetical J-Team Future

Celestic Town

A certain Elegant Gothic Lolita is wandering the halls of her gym, going over some notes. "Let's see... Oh, the League is voting on a new TM, I should probably go to that..."

Celestic Town

-A chime can be heard as the door to the gym opens. A young girl comes spinning in, her strawberry blonde hair circling around her.-

Phosphora: Auntie Psyche! I'm heeeeeeeeere~

Celestic Town

Caroline: Sweetheart, you're here early! Hang on, let me put up my notes, and I'll be ready for your lesson.

5 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-03-14 02:58:41)

Lilycove

-A certain heir is sitting at his PC designing an appeal for a Grand Festival a young Lucario is reading a book nearby-

"Ugh. Gamma can you double check the statistic on that [a Mon to yet be discovered]?

Gamma: Affirmative.

Young Lucario: -looking up from his book- ~New mon starting to trip you up?~

"Sruth, when you get to be my age, a lot of stuff starts to trip you up."

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

Celestice Town

-Phosphora giggles as she hops over to a bench and sits down. A certain Clefable wuh-thoomps onto be bench nearby.-

Selene: <Sorry - she was just so excited, I couldn't tell her no!>

Phosphora: Mommy and Daddy have been really busy, and the twins have been getting lessons from Sifu Champloo, so it's been reeeeally quiet on the airship!

Celestic Town

Caroline smiles and ruffles Phosphora's hair. "That's all right, you're only a half hour early. And lucky you, I don't have any classes this hour." She steps into her office, and puts away her notes. "You wanna go ahead an meet me in the ballroom? You can go ring the bell~"

Petalburg

-A certain man who's aged rather well, dressed in two silver/gold gauntlets with spheres of blue in them, and an old tattered navy blue heavy coat, as well as a red tuxedo is sitting on the terrace of a large restored manor, overlooking one of the lakes of the town-

-He's drinking tea with his Gardevoir-

Jacob: "Ah, nice to have a day off, once in a while."

Regina: <Quite. I do oh so miss Seth though... and you've let quite a bit more challengers through recently. Slipping up? Or just talent?>

Jacob: "Meh. I pushed them, they pushed back. I could see the spirit in their eyes and I could feel the passion that got them to me. At that point they've already proven themselves."

Regina: <So you let them win?>

Jacob: "There is a fine line between testing and fighting. I like to think I walk that line every day."

Regina: <Quite.>

<...>

<Do you miss it? The adventuring?>

Jacob: "Sometimes. But I like my life now. I still keep in contact with the others. It's nice."

-Sighs and sips his tea- "Though I wish I could do more. All in all it's not a bad way to live."

Celestic Town

-A Pachirisu scrambles in, pulling along a tattered yellow scarf. A redheaded girl storms after the squirrel as it wraps the old scarf around Phosphora's neck and promptly climbs up on her head.-

Ellen: Gah-- Fey! Wait up!

[Spectrum was here!]

PEFE HQ

-Is in the middle of paperwork-

...35 years old, and the papers never cease.

Muddy: <Considering the kind of stuff we did when we were younger, we're lucky to have made it to adventurer "old age.">

True that my friend, true that. So when are we doing another trip to PMD-B with Fool and the kids?

Muddy: -Shrugs- <How should I know, you're the one who plans things. It's about another seventy or so years until the Enclave show up in Angela, right?>

Celestic Town

-A brilliant smile crosses Phosphora's face.-

Phosphora: *Gasp!* Really?! Weeeeeeeeeeee~!

-Phosphora goes running off, Selene letting out a content sigh. She follows Phosphora at a leisurely pace. Once the preteen gets to the ballroom, she's suddenly set upon by a Pachirisu.-

Phosphora: AH AH AH WHAT WHO WHY

The Stormchaser

-A certain woman stands at the head of her magnificent airship, letting the free air flow through her strawberry blonde hair.-

Deziree: Ah... never gets old, doing this...

-The sound of a man clearing his throat comes from behind her, drawing her attention to the bearded man who had just arrived on the deck.-

Dune: Stroking your ego again?

Deziree: Only this once~

-Dune walks up and pecks Deziree on the cheek.-

Dune: Bismond and Cooper are with Champloo, and Phosphora's at Caroline's so...

Deziree: We have the ship to ourselves~?

-Dune nods.-

12 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-03-14 03:30:49)

-After several futile attempts at making an appeal for [a future bipedal psychic type] and a Gardevoir, Ren face palms.-

Ren: Rrgh. That's it! I'm calling Jacob.

-As Ren is about to hit "Dial", a girl with dirty blonde hair sticks her head in the office-

Aria: Dad! I'm heading to Aunt Caroline's for lessons!

Ren: -standing while looking at his watch- Yeah it is that time.

-Ren walks over to his daughter.-

Ren: Got everything Aria?

-Aria nods as a Ralts sticks her head out from behind Aria's leg.-

Ren: -to the Ralts and his Daughter- You and Meg take care of each other and have a good time.

Aria and Meg: Okay!>

-with a blip, the two appear...

Celestic Town

...here.-

-Aria opens the door to Caroline's Gym and she and Meg enter-

Aria: Aunt Caroline?

Lilycove

-Ren dials Jacobs number-

Petalburg

-Jacob may receive a call-

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

Celestic Ballroom Gym

-Ellen picks Fey up off of Phosphora's head and takes back the scarf-

Ellen: Sorry about her, she's being... Fey.

-Fey flails out of Ellen's grip and curls up around her leg-

[Spectrum was here!]

Celestic Town

Caroline smiles at the trio. "Ah, my three most favorite girls are all here~ Good, we can go ahead and get started. Ellen, sweetheart, can you be a dear and go get your mother? She said she wanted to watch this lesson~"

Celestic Ballroom Gym

-Phosphora let's out a relieved sigh.-

Phosphora: Oh, phew! I thought Cooper had set that Larvesta of his on me again.

-She waves to Aria.-

Phosphora: Hi, Aria! Me and Ellen-

Selene: <"Ellen and I"~>

-Phosphora lets out an exaggerated sigh.-

Phosphora: Ellen and I were waiting for you!

Petalburg

Jacob: "... What I'm more surprised is that we haven't had some new fanatic zealot like group surface. Well I'm glad. I haven't had to make use of any of my toys. And-"

-One of his wrists starts beeping- "Incoming call, hold on..."

-He taps the circle on the back of one of his gauntlets and waves it, and a transparent blue screen appears-

"Hello this is Jacob. Since this is my personal number I'm going to assume this is you Ren?"

PEFE HQ

The door to Tagg's office opens up as an older Fool walks into the room. Behind her is rather energetic looking young boy holding a Panpour.

Fool: Hello there dear~ How's work?

The boy runs over to his father and looks up to him with big puppy dog eyes.

Cyril: Are we going on any adventures any-time soon dad?

Fool smiles as she ruffles Cyril's hair.

Fool: Leppas don't fall far from the tree, do they dear?

"Oh Bassy, I do love red the most. Hair, clothes, lipstick, I love them to be red. The more flamboyant a woman is, the more she's as beautiful as a poisonous flower, right?"

18 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-03-14 03:40:34)

Celestic Ballroom Gym

Aria: -waving to her friends- Hi, I had trouble finding my dancing shoes.

Liliycove

Ren: Yes it is Jacob. I need your advice for an appeal I'm designing. It involves a [future bipedal psychic type] and a Gardevoir. Got any pointers?

Celestic Ballroom Gym

-Ellen sighs and puts the scarf in her bag, waving to Aria before looking up at her mother-

Ellen: Yeah, I can get her.

-She walks out. Fey scrambles onto her shoulder as she leaves-

[Spectrum was here!]

The City Behind the Walls, Brewer's District, Outside the Gilded Lily

~Thwomp~

Noone was around to see the last guard fall asleep. Noone was there when the small metal barb, glowing with some chemical compound flew out of the darkness and into his thigh. The guard had stumbled a few times on the way to his booth, his last thoughts before sleep took his mind were ones of confusion and whether or not someone had poisoned his drink.

But noone had, because there was noone around, no matter how many guards there were in front of the large wooden doors just a few moments ago...

And then, there was someone. A man in a terrifying mask and the clothes of a ratcatcher.

"Area clear..."

He took a moment to carefully prop the sleeping guard inside his watchpost, away from the rain-slicked cobblestones. The man in the ragged garb sat in the guardpost and thought, glancing up at the lights of the building before him. Who was he doing this for, for Emily? No, there was no Emily, no matter how many advances he had attempted, there was never an Emily. For the Resistance? Hah, the Resistance would betray him the second the Regent was out of the way. For the Empress? Perhaps, but with her heart in his hands he could still feel happy of her presence. Maybe it was just because he had to, to act out his solemn part in this twisted play? Only he and the Outsider knew.

Celestic Ballroom Gym

Caroline sighs. "I don't know where she gets that attitude from." She looks directly at the fourth wall.

-Looks up-

Boring as always.

-And picks up Cyril-

And no, no they don't. Of course we are kiddo, just need to figure out where.

-Blip-

Xatu: -With a Natu atop his head- <Are we needed?>

Not quite yet. Where's the other two?

Petalburg

Jacob: "Aaaaah, I see. Yeah a few new challengers have pulled [future bipedal psychic type]'s on me... tricky though. If it's a joint thing I'd suggest having the Gardevoir not use spotlight stealing moves, as it's partner's move pool is wider and allows for a wider range of appeal techniques. I don't know exactly what you're aiming for, but I'd recommend utilizing Misty Terrain and some sort of light source. The ways a Psychic can manipulate mist is impressive, you can create all kinds of things, like spheres, dragons, abstract shapes, veils for effects. As for the partner... well I'm aware that they're proficient with Fire and Electricity, and Ice, oddly enough, and I think they can use Nightmare for shape shifting illusions if that's something. I... sorry I'm not more helpful. I know I say this often but battling is still my forte!" -Gives a nervous chuckle-

"... I hope that was of some minimal benefit to you. How's Aria? And Kitsune, as well? It's been a while since I last saw them, with the recent flood of challengers and all. I saw not one, but two Mega Evolution users the other day. Apparently it's becoming more wide spread."

Celestic Ballroom Gym

Phosphora: My brothers haven't tried hiding my shoes recently. Sifu Champloo's been keeping them busy.

Selene: <The airship's been relatively quiet, now that those two are getting Aura lessons.>

25 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-03-14 03:58:39)

-Ren writes down Jacob's advice-

Actually, that helps a lot. I've never had to do an appeal for a [future bipedal psychic type] before. Good to hear you're well. As for the rest, Kitsune is with Derek in Castelia today for a photo shoot, and Aria just got her Trainer's License Last week. Thanks for helping her by the way, she was pretty upset when she failed the test the first time.