Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

The [Nidoking] stops as the group scatters and growls, attempting to find Every.

Cipher officer -notices a certain Flygon taking off in hellish-copter plan: "...Screw tertiary plots, the raid is too important."

He tries giving the [Nidoking] more commands, but the Pokémon instead grumbles as he recognizes Every and Breeze. While the Cipher member hides behind some vehicles to try and check his comm device, the remaining Shadow Pokémon ignores the rest of Every's team and goes for Breeze, attempting to clamp him with a Shadow Claw.

Cipher officer -as Marmalade swoops ahead: "…D-damn. I need assistance here! Can anyone hear me?"

Voice from comm: "No! We're busy!"

Cipher Officer -thinks for a moment: "...Then how-?"

-An explosion is heard-

Voice from comm: "BUSY!!"

Some attack beams can be seen at the mayorial house.

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

-Every recalls Breeze before the attack hits, while Diesel leaps forward, his blades bursting into brilliant light for a Giga Impact-

-Spathi, meanwhile, uses Fire Blast once again, at Maekrite's back-

-Marmalade continues harassing the Peons-

With Breeze disappeared, the shadow mon just stands there, swirling his tail left and right, and looking around as if wondering what had happened. It is during that that Spathi and Diesel land their attacks on him, throwing him a good distance away from Every and causing him to fall flat on the ground.

Far ahead the Peons who were making their way towards the House are being harrassed by Marmalade, and they are quick to send out some Pokémon to fend her off, but they are in enough disarray at the moment that are not too successful with it. A Purugly and a Claydol can be seen trying to keep Marmalade out of range with some attacks. The Cipher officer decides to ditch the obviously disobedient Shadow Pokémon who apparently can handle himself for the moment and rush in to try and regain coordination of the group.

The [Nidoking] meanwhile is just barely trying to regain his senses.

429 (edited by VeniaSilente 2013-12-09 00:30:45)

-Marmalade does her best to slip around the attacks, shredding the streets into rubble and pummeling the Peons and mons with it-

-Spathi, meanwhile, having dealt with Maekrite, flies at the officer and looses a Dragon Breath-

Every: "...I won't let it be like this..."

-and throws the Ultra Ball at Maekrite-

The Cipher officer yelps as he sees Spathi ready to fire, and by sheer virtue of rating of the RP manages to escape from being burnt to crispy bits. He tries to crawl his way to an alley as the peons under his charge hold the line, the Claydol floating around and firing a just-charged Ancient Power at Marmalade.

Just as that happens, the [Nidoking] seems to regain his senses as his ears flicker - he's just heard Every's voice and that stirs him up. He turns around to face him but has his focus taken by a Snag Ball thrown at him... and with a sound that could be interpreted as a tortured roar, he is quick to shred the ball in mid-air with the unspent energy of his Shadow Claw.

Suddenly the sound of a couple of vehicles can be heard coming from the other end of the street and more Cipher reinforcements start arriving, though they focus themselves on trying to breach into the Mayorial House.

The [Nidoking] stares down at the pieces of the ball used to try and confine him, and his body twitches. He seems to register what has just happened, and what happened last time… he turns to Every again, snaps, letting out a barely intelligible roar.

Maekrite: <…H… H… Hunte-!!!!>

He raises his arms and tail and starts exuding a large amount of Shadow Aura over the surroundings, causing nearby windows to break.

-Every is struck by the Shadow aura, and screams in pain, coughing blood-

Spathi: <Okay, enough of this! Marmalade!>

-Marmalade shreds the Ancient Power with her wings, then wheels on Maekrite, and looses a Dragon Breath, followed by another from Spathi-

-Diesel drops to the ground, planting his blades to recharge-

The [Nidoking] is still focusing on Every and does not notice Marmalade flying back, or the group of three or four Ciphers approaching from an alley with some Pokémon assisting them.  Marmalade and Spathi fire on the Nidoking, he falls again and shrivels in pain.

Lost his focus on Every the [Nidoking] turns to the direction of his attackers and notices Diesel; he starts charging a Sludge Bomb on his muzzle, however before he can fire it a couple of small caskets land nearby and start emanating a smokescreen. Cipher peons of the infiltrating kind around make their sting move to try and rescue their leading officer.

Two Galvantula and a small squad of Gabite and Scizor approach Diesel and Marmalade from different angles, cutting their access to the [Nidoking]; meanwhile the officer gets into a van and informs his colleagues.

Cipher Officer: "Damn it that thing is crazy... won't obey me... "

Cipher Rescuer: "Well at least it seems it works..."

Cipher Officer: "Yes... just as advertised! And he didn't even activate the special [ability] the techs said he had..."

Cipher Rescuer: "Let's recall him then! We need to [secure] the perimeter!"

Cipher Officer: "You recall him! I don't think I'm on his good side."

The [Nidoking] can still be heard lashing around in darkness, unable to find his way around.

Some of the Peons order their mons to use disabling attacks on Diesel and Marmalade, while from nowhere a recall beam is shot into the smokescreen, and the roars of the lashing [Nidoking] fade into nothingness…

-The disabling attacks land on the exhausted mons, and Every himself slumps over from pain and fatigue, unconscious-

-And the Cipher retreat from the area to return their focus to the main task at hand…-

Somewhere Undetermined

Silent's phone rings, showing a call from Crewe (yay!). Sol, who at the moment was busy clamping the throat of a random Cipher Peon while Silent went for a Snag Ball to get a Pokémon back, purrs and points to the phone.

"...Okay, I got this... Sol, keep the pressure in..." -- picks up -- "...Hello? Crewe? Is this really [you]?"

Crewe's Call

Silent listens to Crewe and nods to Ichtacya and Sol who were expecting to hear what is this about.

"Hmmm... a huge favor..." -- looks around and motions to Ichtacya to stop smacking the Cipher Peon's face -- "I guess, yeah. I was not there for the 'big one' so I guess I can now. What do you need?"

Crewe's Call

Silent raises an eyebrow as Crewe explains what she wants.

"...The Tracer trackers? Uhm... yeah, " -- quickly fiddles with Linoone-lappy to check his inventory -- "I think I have some... you want them delivered to [Anville Town]?"

Sol -approaches: <...Oh! Oh! I can do that! I can be there in, like, two posts!> ^.^

Ichtacya -stops barking at the Peon: <.....?>

"...?"

Sol: <....?> ^.^

Sol -twirls tail: <Uhm... I mean, I can go there in about an... hour or so. Definitively. > ¬¬

-Silent turns to the phone-

"Okay then, I'll have my Espeon go deliver them. Any specifics on where to find you?"

Crewe's Call

Silent hears more.

"...By the mons that...?"

The Cipher Peon tries to make a move for a Snag Ball, only to have his arm bit by Ichtacya. Silent covers the phone mic while the peon screams, then sits on the ground and starts going through his stuff.

"Okay, if it is still the same place as I recall it, tell those 'mons that need them' that the trackers will be in a [white bag] under the turntable."

He then starts collecting 10-or-so trackers in a small white bag, while Sol sits around in expectation.

Sol -thinks for a moment: <...The trip is still long but I'll let you know via [Future Sight] when everything is in place...>

-Nods, then to Crewe by phone-

"I'll have a message SMS'd to you when Sol arrives there."

Silent smiles as Crewe speak.

"Consider us even, actually. As I said, I wasn't there much to help before."

Sol meanwhile picks the bag and runs with Ichtacya in the direction of the closest Pokécenter for a transport.

-to Crewe-

"And be careful out there, there are still some random Ciphers around."

Somewhere in Anville Town

(related to but not aware of this)

A certain Espeon is walking along the train track, looking around cautiosly as she carries a white bag. A short distance behind follow a Leafeon with a decidedly more outwardly and inquisitive attitude, sniffing in every direction and growling faintly to keep imaginary threats at bay.

Sol leaps around the turntable, and finds a spot where she can reach the underside.

Sol: <...I think here is it. No mon is around?>

Ichtacya: <...No mon that I sense.>

Sol squints, nods, then drops the package and pushes it carefully under the turntable. Then the two Pokémon look at each other.

Ichtacya: <...Now what?>

Sol: <Dunno.> -- yawns -- <The task is done, we can call home.>

Right outside Rt.35

There's a Golem and a Nidoran walking around. Life there goes as usual except for news that might be time-shenaniganed later.

A small troop of Nidoran is among the various mons around at this point of time, them being watched out by two Nidorina and the usual assortment of predators. And, of course, one of them catches the scent of another Nidoran nearby and decides to go sate his curiosity.

The young Nidoran wandering around finally notices a specific Nidoran of very young age being there alone. The Nidoran male decides to peek from behind some bushes...

Nidoran: <....Oh hai~> -- waves a paw carefully.

-...all the while being blissfully unaware of the Golem there.

The little (well, littler) Nidoran reacts to the greeting and engages in conversation; the older but still small male furball rushes in to meet the other Pokémon, causing a small ruckus that is noticed by the mons in the vicinity.

Random Nidoran♂: <...Oh? I'm a Nidoran~> -- flicks whiskers -- <Like, of course. I'm Telte and I'm thiiiiis old!> -- raises a paw, as if that meant something. -- <You?>

Olivine Outskirts

-Ever has wandered away from everyone, flying on Spathi's back-

Spathi: <You're right you know, this was a decent idea. Though I'd prefer to be alone.>

Ever: Yeah, I'm still a little nervous about you all being out of my sight.

Olivine Outskirts, Only Less So

There is an area around a small house that is being patrolled by some Pokémon who pretend to not be patrolling and just be doing their own things. Things like a Houndour pair sniffing cars and a Pangoro idly resting against a tree. There are also a couple of men walking around, not doing much of anything.

All in all, the house is well secured.

However, the patterns of those people's movements might be recognizable by someone who had experience as a Cipher agent. Hah, as if that was to happen.

The Olivine Place

-Ever notices the house, and his face loses all expression-

Spathi: <Ever? Are you okay? Is something->

Ever: Fire Blast the house.

Spathi: <What? Are you out of your mind?>

Ever: Now!

-Spathi blinks-

-and then sucks in breath and launches a sphere of fire at the house-

With Nanako, in the forest borderline

The random Nidoran♂ puffs chest as Nanako asks.

Random Nidoran♂: <Well, that's because I'm older. Older boys have larger horns, see?> -- swings his horn -- <And you're nice. Hey,> -- sniffs and hears around -- <where's your mom? Mine would bash me if they found out I was out in the open...>

With Nanako

The young local Nidoran notices the figure waving to them and goes o.o

<....Eeeep! That's big! It ate your mom?????> ._.

He instantly turns tail and rushes back to the thicket, he stops halfway through to call Nanako in.

<Come on! Ruuuun! Run, Nanao ruuuuun!> -- waves his paw.

-Memanwhile the child's alert is heard by the nearby adults and a  possible opportunistic Pidgeotto who would like to steal a kill.-

The Olivine Place

Spathi diligently blasts the center house with a Fire... well, Blast. The roof explodes into fiery 1x1 bits, then the place crumbles down.

Of course, the two guys around there yell as they manage to save themselves from the debris then they aim up to notice Spathi circling. The Pangoro who was resting nearby closes in to the destroyed house, then roars up, unable to do much more.

????!1: "....I told you we should have invested in a yatch!"

????!2: "...What for? What we need is mons with actual projectile attacks!"

The Pangoro takes offense to that but can not do much more anyway. The ???? people start throwing smoke bombs around to conceal their movements as they try to reach one of the sides of the crumbled house, one of them mentioning something about "the boss".

The two Houndour and the Pangoro stay behind to play interference, just in case.

With Nanako

The small visiting Nidoran follows Telte, who is not very cautious about not being followed, as he does not notice a Pidgeotto flying lower and lower a couple of branches ahead of them. He just yells to Nanako to hurry to the thickets because the whatever thing that "obviously" ate her mom is chasing them too.

The Pidgeotto then dives straight at Nanako and Telte...

The Olivine Place

-Ever snarls under his breath-

Ever: Right, totally going to help you. -sends out Marmalade- Spathi, clear things out with a Twister! Marmalade, Earthquake on anything touching the ground!

Marmalade: <Someone's having a bad day.>

-while Spathi beats his wings, blowing a whirl of air into the smoke and ???? people, while Marmalade crashes to the ground, setting off shockwaves around the Houndoom and Pangoro-

With Nanako

The two little Nidoran make their run while the ever opportunistic Pidgeotto bites it badly and for the last time. Such's the breaks.

They run for a while from thicket to thicket for plot convenience until they reach a gathering of small troops, with 20-or-so Nidoran around. Telte immediately goes to one of the adults and tells what happened.

Telte: <...And then the thing ate that Nidoran's mom!>

Random Nidorina: <Oh dear... :c> -- approaches Nanako and looks at her inquisitively -- <Are you okay? What burrow are you from?>

The Olivine Place

The two Houndour are knocked down by the shockwaves Marmalade releases; the Pangoro, not so much, and instead manages to Hone Claws into a Rock Tomb using some of the debris of the house as an assist.

While that happens the smoke veil is blown over to reveal a small hatch on the ground somewhere where it was inside the house before. The hatch is closed from the inside, obviously the two ????? went through it for their escape.

The two Houndour get up and try to Flamethrower on Spathi and Ever.

The Olivine Place

-Marmalade is struck by the Rock Tomb, and growls in annoyance, before charging the Pangoro with a Dragon Claw-

-Spathi, meanwhile, pulls himself up, taking the Flamethrowers on his armored underbelly. Due to his tough dragon scales, while the attacks hurt they don't leave much of a mark, and Spathi decides to plow forwards with a dual Dragon Claw at the Houndour-

-meanwhile, Ever sends out Salamence- Get that hatch!

-Salamence flits over towards the hatch, slashing at it with keys-

Goldenrod Colony, with Nanako

The abovementioned Nidoran♀ seems to be having trouble undestanding. The Nidorina doing the interview just waves a paw, dismissing it as the Nidoran♀ being scared from their recent experience.

Native Nidorina: <...Oh well you're probably confused. The hole in the ground, where you sleep with your-eh.... family? Where is it?> -- cautiously pokes Nanako's head and paws to check if they're okay.

Telte -frowns: <I'm the one who was the hero and I not even get a Heart Scale...> -- kicks a pebble.