Topic: The Adventures of Clockwise and Beedrill [Open]

So this is thread for what is essentially a spinoff: Clockwise the Noctowl and Beedrill the Fan Rotom didn't go home with Ashley, nor did they go with Hunter--so where did they go?

The answer is a region-spanning quest to stop Bernadette, an Ursaring who goes from perpetually bored with everything to a Large Ham on a dime, from taking over the world through various means. Anyone who wants to do anything can post whatever they want. Make up any characters you want. Change the plot anyway you want (besides doing something radical, like launching Bernadette into space or something). It can be affected by canon events as much or as little as you want. Go ahead and hijack the hero's role if you like; Clockwise and Beedrill will gladly hand it over if you want it. This thread is everybody's, for as much or as little as they like.

Well, now that that's taken care of, let's set the scene, shall we?

-Route 215, Sinnoh; it's raining, as always. Clockwise moves along the forest floor in an odd waddling gait. Beedrill floats along behind him, making a few nervous beeps from time to time as he darts from the cover of one tree to the other. Clockwise stops under a tree, seemingly randomly, and looks up, his head cocked-

Clockwise: Beedrill! You need to climb up there. It's a matter of life or death.

-he whirls around and waddles at a surprisingly rapid pace over to the Rotom, sticking his wide eyes in his face-

Clockwise: I see. Something. Shiny.

Beedrill: -whirrs, both in confusion and a little plaintively-

Clockwise: -backs off, spreading his wings wide- Of course I can't do it! Delibird don't fly, silly!

Beedrill: -beeps a few times, even more confused-

Clockwise: Well, duh! Delibird are awake during the day!

Beedrill: -whirrs, trailing off a little towards the end-

Clockwise: Beedrill, don't be so silly! Of course I have to be a Delibird, otherwise I'll have to sleep during the day! Now go get the shiny thing!

Beedrill: -floats over to the base of the trunk and looks up, then beeps-

Clockwise: What do you mean you can't float that high? How is there a limit?

Beedrill: -beeps and whirrs defensively-

Clockwise: Oh, fine! I'll go get it!

-he takes a large leap, wings fluttering slightly, and digs his claws into the bark of the tree. He digs his beak in and begins to climb, wings flapping to help keep his balance-

Re: The Adventures of Clockwise and Beedrill [Open]

Clockwise: -reaches the branch where a small sparkling crystal is firmly wedged. He stares at it, transfixed, until Beedrill whirrs from the base of the tree, at which point the Noctowl lets go of the tree and whirls around, looking offened- No, I am not a Murkrow! I told you, I'm a Deli--Oh!

-he falls from the tree, having released his claws from the bark to wave them at Beedrill indignantly. Beedrill floats over to him, whirring in alarm, but Clockwise waves him away with one wing and scrambles to his feet-

Clockwise: That was tricky! Did you see the tree push me off? We'll have to be super sneaky to get that shiny thing down!

Beedrill: ... -beeps nervously-

Re: The Adventures of Clockwise and Beedrill [Open]

-Clockwise circles the tree, glancing furtively from side to side, and prepares to leap at it in a sneak attack when the head of a Ledyba appears, upside-down, in front of him. Squawking in alarm, the Noctowl flaps his wings and trips over his own feet, while Beedrill lets out an alarmed whirr-

Ledyba: Hey. Hey you. You. Hey. No, you. You. Hey.

Clockwise: ... Me? Are you a ghost?

Ledyba: You. Yeah you. You. Why are you stealing the shiny thing? Why?

Clockwise: -draws himself up and puffs out his chest feathers- Well, my ghosty friend, I am taking that shiny thing because it is shiny. Obviously.

Ledyba: Well duh. Duh. But it's not yours. It's not.

Clockwise: But it's shi--Hey, where's your body?

-the Ledyba has actually been hanging upside-down from the tree. His body has been in full view-

Ledyba: Your crazy. Crazy. Go away. Go. The shiny's not yours. It's not.