Re: PMD Returns: stories of PMD-A and PMD-B

After the little incident with the Eevee, and trying to save face, the Ursaring picks the kit up.... and still sweatdroping, places him in front of Ho-Oh.

Ursaring♂: <…Uhm... let's see... A-and as a display of how healthy our lands are, l-look! What a magnificent pelt~> -- pats the Eevee.

Eevee#24: <Yay! Today I'm special! :3> -- rolls on the ground.

Somewhere in the audience, the mother of the little kit almost has a heart attack. She leans on the next mon, who may or may be not controlled by another player, to support herself.

The female Ursaring makes a "what's going on?" sign to the male, who answers with a half-shrug.

Ursaring♀: <Uhm, excuse us for this little incident, Lord Nix and wow, the unigender title sounds cool!... W-we can move to the next box I presume?>

Meanwhile, a random Pokémon turns to Nadia.

Random Stantler: <Oh this is nothin'. My mother says that for Nix Festival 25xx, there was some weird incident with an old piece of human fabrics and a Skarmory egg...> -- chuckles.

Meanwhile a random artist Smeargle catches sight of Gino and starts adding him to his painting,  thinking it'd be a nice touch. As this happens the Loudred start opening the second box which keeps the Ursaring on edge...

...and it opens...

...and nothing happens.

Miranda the Ursaring♀: <phew~ Uhm... e-enjoy these fruits, fabrics and powders, Lord Ho-Oh. I guess that for your comfort, our police chief can deliver her report tomorrow while you nom?>

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Nix Festival 26xx

After Gino is done talking to some of the other mons, the Smeargle from begore hesitantly goes pokes him friendly.

Smeargle: <Uhm… e-excuse me, Mr. Salamence of rare coloouration, may I ask you a favor?>

Maekrite and Silentran♂ are wandering around when they catch sight of Nadia and or Teala and go greet them.

Meanwhile the same Sunflora from before goes before Nix (who at this point is probably noming with Pleo or something), accompanied by a Nidorina wearing shoulder pads made of Garchomp hide and a red necklace.

Master of Ceremonies Van Maanen - bows: <Sun Lord [Nix], the chief of the Golden Forests police [Neulpaf-rah] is here to present her report on behalf of the Nidoran community.>

(After this post)

The aforementioned Nidorina walks up to the center stage where Nix is and bows before her, remaining in that position. He gathers some yays from the audience and lustful whistles from some Nidorino (fortunately not those in the guard force).

The Smeargle presents Gino with a picture, obviously a work in progress as there is still a lot of white in places that are not clouds.

Smeargle: <I have never seen a Salamence with interesting colouration such as yours, and I was wondering if you would be willing to pose. I-I could pay you if you want...>

Meanwhile Maekrite and Silentran♂ walk up to Teala and Nadia, who seem to look somewhat uncomfortable.

Maekrite: <Hello you, rawr~> -- rubs against Teala.

Silentran♂: <Hey Nadia! Zoltan!> -- ô/ -- <Since when are you back here?>

Smeargle Artist -happy seeing that Gino approves: <Well, any flying pose will do,  but what about extending your wings to full span? The 'mences around here don't really have awesome wings...> -- spreads arms trying to imitate a pose.

Silentran♂: <Oh so you saw Bluescale? Some of the mons in the forest were commenting about a tournament there and about some of the contestants. Heard Stratus was there and lost an eating contest?>

Maekrite nods to Teala, comments about how he missed her for a while too and how he and Silentran♂ had been busy offscreen, and turns about to pay some attention to the report from the Nidorina chief of police, but as he does he notices a small [Nidorino plushie] by Teala's side. He is about to ask something but shuts himself, looks somewhat confused.

Silentran♂ -to Toothless and Nadia: <Have you known anything more from the others? Was expecting Tagg to go explore somewhere, at least, and perhaps I should have told him I lost track of [Roc] back in the mon-only verse.>

(After this post)

The Smeargle's eyes shine GREEN as Gino spreads his wings.

Smeargle Artist: <That's the pose I want! This will be a masterpiece!>

…And the Pokémon starts working on what will hopefully be, yes, a masterpiece. Which will be completed next post, or tomorrow.

Meanwhile… the Nidorina chief steps before Ho-Oh when She commands her to stand up:

Officer Neulpaf-rah the Nidorina: <Thank you, Sun Lord. During these three years our race has continued to police the area of the Golden Forests that grows under Your light. I have the pleasure to announce that barring some minor inconvenients, there have been very few troubles, and on the other paw some interesting developments.>

«Our offspring have grown together in peace, some of the various species inhabiting the forest. Every once in a while the most adventurous travel to the old settlements at the edge of our territory, but beyond the usual skirmishes with the black Nildril (birds) of Goldor, there is hardly any danger. Thanks to the trading and the various competitions hosted at the swamps, relationships with the peoplemons of Bluescale are improving; we still keep an eye over them and watch out for their conquest urges though.»

Maekrite feels a bit uncomfortable at the sight of a Nidorino plushie that Teala is holding very close; the Nidorino inspects the plushie closer and internally wonders if it'll be sentient like certain others, or if (for some reason) it would have some of Maekrite's own personality traits.

Maekrite: <I have to say it is rough and tough… kinda cute. And looks so... fluffy. > -- swallows, blushes -- <Uhm… so… he's kinda... kept you company in my place?>

Were Silentran♂ be paying more attention he would think perhaps Maekrite hears a little jealous. But his attention is instead focused on conversation with Toothless and Nadia.

Silentran♂: <Hmmm, I see…> -- thinks back to his travel to PMD-A -- <Focusing might help somewhat, since that's how we got here in the first place, but I guess we'd need a [shard]. I don't think I've had one in my paws, though I have the feeling one of my mons has. And also have this weird itch that I should tell Shahinne to not peck those shards for some reason...> -- scratches his ears.

«…and thanks to those efforts from the Miltank Legion, no further military incursions from the evil Ancients Empire has reached our borders. We have also taken good care to test and watch over each foreigner who doesn't have a [permit] with them, which, probably stands to merit mention, has been an increasing number during the last moons.»

The Nidoran thinks for a moment then something comes to his head.

Silentran♂: <Oh now that you say Lake, I heard he was here, yeah… which makes sense if Stratus was here as well.> -- smiles -- <But I also heard they made a new friend... some Feraligator called "Toothy". Can you believe it?> -- laughs -- <Who names a mon like that? :3>

After this post

Smeargle: <O-oh but you won't regret this! Look, I'm almost done!>

The Smeargle lifts the painting and shows Gino this nifty piece (original artwork credits by ~pokemon-master).

Smeargle: <Ta-dá~ So, how does it look?>

Nix Fest 26xx, Yesterday

(After parts of this post)

«…Of course, Frithrah. If something serious comes up in those wrecked islands to the south We once freed, we'll clamor for your help.»

Maekrite looks at Teala proud and happy for a moment, then goes back to feel a bit confused.

Maekrite: <[size=smaller]Uhm... I... do feel proud that you miss me like that, in a way. And, uhm... what the lorekeepers said about a Nidorino and a Druddigon…>

Maekrite sees an opportunity for a momentary distraction from Toothless's answer, turns to Silentran♂, grinning.

Maekrite: <Yeah, you shouldn't mock other peoplemons's names, "Loirmethant".> :3

Silentran♂ puffs his quills and gives the Nidorino a Leer; Maekrite simply chuckles and swipes Silentran♂ playfully, knocking him down to the ground.

Silentran♂: <Hey!> -- rolls back up -- <Well at least the group is more or less more together now. When do you guys plan to return to the OU? And what will happen to you, Toothless?>

Meanwhile, the Nidorina is finishing her report to [Nix]...

«…proud to announce as well that we are in the process of eliminating the evil presence of Lansat smugglers from the tropical lands. But, uhm, we haven't got many news about that yet.» -- the Nidorina shifts her legs and looks around for a moment, then smiles. «What we do have is news, from a group of Pokémon who went to some faraway lands that our myths describe. A Nidorino and a Druddigon were among them. There they fought some evil ey ai --or whatever it was-- and brought back supplies and allies the forest leaders want to commerce with, should prove key in fortifying our lands against the Evil Ancients Empire. Uhm... is there anything else you wish to inquire about, Frithrah?»

(After this post)

Maekrite: <Dunno... it looks like they are pointing at us.>

Neulpafrah: <Understand, Sun Lord.> -- bows -- <Thanks for your time. We'll keep doing our job.>

The Nidorina steps back and leaves the floor and the center stage to the MC Sunflora, who announces to the others that the Festival is about to end and that all randomly roaming Eevee kitteh should return to their mothers.

Silentran♂ -to Toothless: <Hmmm... I guess you won't be missing the Potions though.> -- blinks -- <Hey, if you sare still a mon in this world, shouldn't that mean you can stay a mon in the OU?>

Maekrite: <...Now that I think about it, you are still a mon here, Silent.> :3

Silentran♂: <Hush you.>

Maekrite -turns to Teala: <I, uhm... the lorekeepers did say that a Nidorino and a Druddigon got together and hence why the Druddigon living here know Sucker Punch, uhm...> -- fiddles with the grass with his paw, not knowing exactly what else to say.

The female Ursaring meanwhile goes to one of the food boxes and grabs the Eevee kit that was still nomming a couple of things from the offering box, and  holds him up, giving him a glare.

Miranda the Ursaring♀: <Your mother and I are going to talk.>

Eevee#24: <Rawr~> -- flails playfully.

Nix fires marvelous blasts off to the skies, which is awesome and has various mons waving their paws, branches or whatever have they to try and see the spectacular display of power better.

Various Mons: <Ooooh! Aaaaah!>

(no, there are no camera flashes this time because, well, PMD verse)

Random Eevee: <Vaporeon are just better~>

Maekrite drops an ear at listening to what Teala had to say.

Maekrite: <…Together?>

The prospect wasn't bad, the Nidorino admitted to himself in a brief fraction of a second in which he took a look at how unconventional had his life been for a Nido. While he hadn't brought himself out to admit it, he did like how Teala was stubborn in her efforts to improve and did like her personality. He had thought himself a good role model for her, but there was a little spark for more.

There was just a little problem.

Maekrite -tries to keep looking back at Teala: <Y-you mean like mates? I… I guess it did happen in this timelime. I… I wouldn't see why not.>

Hesitates before continuing and has to scratch his ears to prod himself to go on, pondering if he is giving something up by doing this or by not doing this, and taking into consideration as much as he can that he does consider Teala more than a friend.

Maekrite: <And I'm flattered, and I can see the why the other me would like you and I like you too, but… … at home...>

He walks a bit closer and shows his ears, which past Pankaja's earring, have some minor –but distinguishable for females, who know what things to look for– signs of having been periodically bitten by a Nidorina.

Maekrite: <This me... I already made my choice. I'm taken.>

The Nidorino sighs and thanks Ho-Oh that Silentran♂ is distracted with the closing of the festivities at the moment.

[spoiler]Tracer and I spaghetti'd this conversation so I'm posting on his behalf too~

After Maekrite explains himself to Teala, she looks downcast and feels somewhat defeated. She is perhaps wondering what to do now.

The Nidorino notices and after a gulp, moves closer and pats her.

Teala: <Huh?>

Maekrite: <I-I'm sorry.> -- looks up sheepishly -- <I'm sorry if this hurts you.>

Teala looks back down to see the Nidorino who simply sits and continues to talk to her.

Maekrite: <I'm lost here… I was raised to be loyal, see...>

Teala: <"Loyal"...  To your colony?>

Maekrite -allows himself a smile: <My parents never said.>

Looking down from her higher body Teala can notice the sight of the Nidorino shifting away, in the direction the Golden Forests are, and can see in them a longing feeling, not strange to herself.

Maekrite: <I couldn't give myself to you either way... If I said yes, I wouldn't be the Nidorino you like.>

Teala -nods: <I think I understand...>

Teala's sight also wanders by for a moment, her tail and neck waving very softly.

Teala: <At the shrine… loyalty was always very highly valued.> -- thinks back to the likely few times she felt she was doing things right back there -- <We were told stories where loyalty became confusing at times.>

Maekrite -frowns: <Oh, I-I've heard stories like that. They hurt....> -- looks back up, tilts his head -- <But don't get me wrong!>

Maekrite: <I did pick you. Somehow… some other me, some other you. And while I don't know how or why, I am sure he will stick by his choice.>

To that Teala gives a small smile, thought at least a sincere one.

Teala: <I'm glad to hear that, but… but then... Then what? I'm never going to find somemon like you... somemon who is not taken... am I?>

Maekrite: <You'll find somemon, don't worry...> -- blushes a bit -- <We the loyal ones are hard to stand by sometimes.>

Teala: <...Huh?>

Maekrite: <You'll be a great guard, Teala. You'll catch someone's eye.>

Teala: <You really think so?>

Maekrite: <Yeah.> -- nods with a feeling of satisfaction -- <I… I wasn't born like this. Went through my nightmares and tribulations, I think I told you.> -- pats her -- <But I grew up to be this and you will grow up as well.>

Teala: <I… I'll keep that in mind.>

The Nidorino straightens his head and is about to remove his paw from Teala's hide, but the Druddigon, feeling that, calls him up.

Teala: <Maekrite?>

Maekrite: <…Yes?> -- raises an ear.

Teala: <Thank you.>

The Druggigon suddenly picks the Nidorino up for a hug, and the Nidorino lets himself enjoy the hug, growling contently and lowering his ears, Teala rubs her crest against his face and neck and wags her tail, the two of them ignoring the festivities around them as well as their narrators have done for this conversation.

Maekrite: <You do have an advantage, Teala...>

Teala: <…I do? W-what?>

Maekrite: <It's something Trainer told me once, I don't know why it is like that. You know all mons eventually wither and die.>

Teala frowns wondering where is that conversation doing, but decides that Maekrite has thought of something relevant that she should listen.

Maekrite: <We Nidos die fast, that's why we also pick one mate fast and breed a lot… but that's not where I want to go.> -- flickers ears -- <The thing is, dragons don't. They grow older and stronger instead.>

Teala: <I… I think I've heard that too, yes.>

Teala can listen to Maekrite laugh a little, in a somewhat guilty manner.

Maekrite: <I'm half-lying, actually, but what I say about the dragons… I hope it is clear.>

Teala: <You made it clear.> -- she pulls the Nidorino closer, he doesn't mind the Rough Skin -- <I hope you make her happy… your mate… for as long as you are together. She is really lucky.>

Maekrite-sighs: <I guess I got lucky too. Not many females would wait three years for their mate to return... with weekend-short trips every season or two that don't count.> -- he adds with a certain hint of blame in his voice.

Teala lets the Nidorino back to the ground and looks at the world around them, then back at him.

Teala: <I… do you understand why they don't count?>

Maekrite: <I can, yes...>

The two Pokémon look up/down at each other, and finally Teala allows herself to smile.

Teala: <...Then I guess you'll be going home soon. Make her happy.>

Maekrite nods and goes hug Teala's arm, licking the part he scratched. Then he turns back to focus on other events at paw.

(After things more or less work out for GuardianShipping and Zoltan brings something to mention)

Silentran♂: <Oooh so Roc is still there! Damn I now remember I missed Shahinne's birthday.> -- gulps -- <Roc is gonna nom me.>

Maekrite -brushes himself: <We are departing for home shortly, but I'm  not sure we can visit Treasure Town's world o the road so...>

Silentran♂: <Yeah, if you can check on Roc and Shahinne and make sure they reach the original verse safely, Tagg won't kill me.> -- smiles -- <I'd be glad~ :3>

Maekrite: <Ichtacya and Sol were there too but we don't really know were or how.>

Nix Fest 26xx

(after this)

Maekrite and Silentran♂ are scheming planning when they listen to Nadia and notice a 'gator they don't know.

Silentran♂: <Oh you guys made a friend?>

Maekrite -yawns: <Makes me wish we hadn't missed the Bluescale tournament. But alas, Silent was still busy at PEFE HQ...>

(After this post)

Silentran♂ looks at the 'gator up down.

Silentran♂: <...So you were  a human too? I'm Silent!> -- ô/.

Maekrite: <And I'm his starter, Maekrite...> -- ô/.

Silentran♂ -climbs up the Nidorino: <We are leaving to the human verse Soon™, yes. As in, kinda now or tomorrow. And I think there should not be any problems to get you clothes. Dunno if we'll reappear back in the Entralink or whatever. Do you have all your stuff ready, if any?>

Nix Fest 26xx

After a time-shenaniganned meeting with Nix (my, she's grown big!) and another time-shenaniganned meeting with some of the Nidos to get some warning and say goodbye, Maekrite and Silentran♂ are packing some of their stuff (not much, really) and waiting for Matt. At the same time they are wondering exactly how they are going to hit OU again.

Maekrite: <I'd rather not be flown all the way to whatever the Entralink is now.>

Silentran♂ -packs berries and some notes on the Seven Jerk Dragons: <We'll have to ask for a [shard]. I'm sure the PEFE mons must have kept some.> -- thinks for a moment -- <It's a good thing Suicune warned us about all this stuff, though we don't have much to do with it.>

Maekrite sits and thinks back to AU adventures and to Basket being a mom, sighs.

Silentran♂ -flicks whiskers: <Wait, didn't Pentigan open us a landline to the AU?>

Maekrite and Silentran♂ share a hopeful look.

Somewhere in Almer

Inside a dimly lit warehouse near the borders of the Miltank Legion district, a group of various mons is gathered to discuss the events of the last few days. There are mons mostly from Hoenn, but some Johtoan and Sinn as well. Some of the Pokémon are wearing robes, some others wear what looks like Contest accessories adapted from a bygone era, but all of them, standing around a table, share two things in common:

1.- They are jerks who smuggle drugs into the island and from there to Johto.

2.- They are worried.

After getting some fresh information of the "not good news" variety, one of the Pokémon in robes calls for a decision.

???? #1 -pounds on the table: <This is inexcusable! We can not, shall not, disappear from the scene like that!>

???? #2: <This time it is perhaps true that we have pushed our luck, though.>

Shelgon #1: <I, for one, would be so glad to leave this dumpster and return home...>

Linoone #1 -examines her claws: <We were doing fine, really. You should see the poor Ralts... so eager to get their Lansat they started stealing from their parents...>

???? #3 -gives an admonishing glare from behind her robe: <Didn't I tell you the last thing we needed was to call attention to us?>

???? #1 -points at a Sunflora: <And I'm going to say this began because of your brother!> -- clenches fist -- <We weren't ready to try to expand our territory to Johto! >

The Sunflora shies away and hides behind the Shelgon.

???? #3: <Well, we are running out of options here. So we need to reach a consensus fast.>

???? #1: <We shall NOT leave these islands!> -- pounds on the table again -- <Soon we'll have countless slaves who will [adore] us! And they'll do whatever we ask!>

Linoone #1 -hesitantly: <What about the gods?>

???? #1 -glares: <What about them?>

Linoone #1: <meeeep~>

???? #2: <We were there and witnessed their decree. They'll BURN this place if we continue.> -- walks around ceremoniously -- <Even if they were attracted here by the warring factions, it is in their power to know that we are bringing this place to its knees.>

Dustox #1 -flutters around following the ???? #2: <If we remain hidden… perhaps...>

???? #1: <That's what you say.> -- turns to ???? #2 -- <Most likely those stupid gods don't know and don't care. They came here to purge the island from the militarized factions...>

Dustox #1: <I wouldn't say they don't care...>

Shelgon #1: <We've heard stories... it makes sense that [Nix] came to this island, considering the last few weeks...>

Some of the Pokémon share uneasy looks, and after what appears like some unspoken challenge of power, the second robed mon returns to their position. One of the robed ones turns to the Sunflora from before.

???? #3: <We should have known there were going to be issues back then... the travellers say that those Pokémon are like her police force.>

???? #1: <We still haven't managed to figure out where are they operating from? They have to have a base somewhere in this island!>

Linoone #1: <Uhm...> -- points to a map in the table -- <We've searched as much as we can, buying informants… but… we've reached nowhere...>

Lucario #1 -walks by the group: <They've fallen inactive ever since our last skirmish… but at least we know they haven't found our main bases either.>

???? #1 -glares: <No good use if that means we can not go outside and sell our stuff!>

???? #3: <Well, as we said, we are running out of options... so what do we do? We can not just wait for the Gods to return...>

And the Pokémon start deliberating.

Inside the Lansat Ring warehouse

After some offscreen deliberation, the leaders of the ring return to the table, accompanied with a minor group of Mightyena and Golbat. They take their places on the table.

???? #1: <We need to get those pesky shadowy figures off our backs if we want to operate normally. And I'm tired of being nice to them.>

???? #2: <But we don't know who they are yet or where they are. They attack by surprise and we have only managed to win one or two skirmishes...>

???? #3: <It'd be smarter, however, to let others do the dirty work. We can not risk more exposure, not now!>

The three figures share a nod and one of them addresses one of the nearby Golbat.

???? #2: <Let's remain hidden for some days, only minor operations. Be sure to increase the price tag on our Lansat... and tell them who is at fault for the raise.>

Golbat smuggler: <Sure thing…> -- bows and flies away -- <Right away...>

???? #3 -hisses: <They have been a thorn on our side, attacking relentlessly... let's see how eager to fight are they when the addicts start putting themselves on the line and attacking them for us.>

???? #1: <With any luck, our clients in the Miltank Legion barracks will pull to mobilize their forces against the Johtoans.>

???? #2 -turns to #1: <What about addressing the issue internally?>

???? #1: <We can not afford to lose more time. Try to get the information you can. Use whatever means necessary. if you can not do it by sundown… then you know what to do...>

???? #2: <Yes... I will. You three!> -- turns to the shadows -- <With me!>

The robed figure moves away from the table and to a staircase, followed by three Bug Pokémon - a Beautifly, a Shedinja and a Kricketune, all of them buzzing eagerly and honing their claws and pincers. The four of them enter the corridor and walk down the stairs, while the other robed figures and the various Pokémon start leaving the warehouse through some secret passages, and the most innocent-looking of them right out the main entrance.

Outside, in a Nearby Park

A Volbeat is wandering around innocently, looking cute as he approaches an area of the park where some Lillipup and Vulpix cubs are playing. After checking the surroundings to make sure there are no Miltank Legion officers in the surroundings, the Volbeat starts getting closer, holding a bag with concentrated Lansat to sell.

Smuggler!Volbeat: <Today I'll get rich~>

Unknown to him, he is being observed from a nearby building by a pair comprised of a Poliwrath and a Nidorina...

At the main entrance of the warehouse

The Shelgon and Linoone from earlier leave the building and start scouting around to check that everything is in order. After getting calmer, they head towards one of the canals in the area, discussing a possible strategy to smuggle Lansat into the Indigo legion territory safely, an area the ring has not been able to touch in months. The Linoone invites the Shelgon to come by to his restaurant over in the Ancients area, where he has a couple of attractive Gabite dancers.

Unknown to them, they are being observed from one of the passages in the canals by a pair comprised of a Ursaring and a Nidorina.

Back Inside

After some walking, the robed figure and the bug-type guards enter a room behind a wooden door, where some other Pokémon are walking around watching a cage with an ice block inside.

The robed figure points to one of the guards, who opens the cage and pulls the ice block outside, revealing a Pokémon trapped in the ice block.

???? #2: <We have played with you for a good while… but my patience is about t wear thin.> -- points to the ice block -- <You'll tell us what we want to know, NOW!>

Prisoner!Agent Lucas: <Sorry, brrrrrr~> -- sneezes -- <Not feeling like it yet, scumbag.>

The robed figure slaps the Espeon trapped in the ice block and then moves back, motioning for the Bug types to walk in.

???? #2: <I'll leave these… friends of mine to convince you. You see, their natural Bug-type noise can be very persuasive.>

The Kricketot walks in and rub Lucas's face with one of his blades while the Shedinja floats around, eclipsing any attempt of the Psychic Pokémon to fight back.

???? #2: <Enjoy until sundown, boys...> -- walks out of the room.

After a moment, a chorus of angry buzzes and slashes can be heard, loud enough to cover the screams.

(After this)

The Poliwrath is setting up to dash to the park and attack the Volbeat.

Poliwrath: <Okay then to the count of eins, zwei, d->

-Then Gino shardports in, nya~-

Poliwrath: <…Gaaaaah!> -- falls back.

Nidorina -hops back: <....Eeeep! H-how? ._.>

Poliwrath: <A-a-aspy! Probably from the Hoenn faction!>

The Nidorina somewhat sensibly rolls her eyes, then asks Gino who he is and what is he doing there.

Gino asks if there's any mons around who look like they're out of place.

Poliwrath -rubs himself: <Well, technica-OUCH!>

And has to rub more since the Nidorina has just poke him. The Nidorina points to the park and nods to the Poliwrath to do the 'splaining.

Poliwrath: <See, we are cops, kind of. And there are very [mean] mons around, like, in that park, see?> -- points to the park.

In effect there are various Fire-type and Normal-type mons enjoying the park. If anything looks out of place there it's two things: the presence of Flaaffy and Magnemite guards (from the Miltank Legion) and the presence of a Volbeat who looks totally innocent to the untrained or plot-unaware eye.

Nidorina: <That mean mon gived bad candy to kits. And I mean bad candy. Lansat candy.> -- turns to Gino -- <You look like a mon anymon would be scared of. Wanna do us a favor?>

Gino looks evil

Nidorina: <I like his style~>

Poliwrath: <The Volbeat there...> -- points to the Volbeat who is running away from a couple of guards -- <and some other Pokémon in the surroundings. But that's the one we care about right now.>

Nidorina: <We still haven't located their [HQ]...> -- frowns.

The Volbeat meanwhile manages to lose the guards in a complicated maneuver involving a blue paint and a kite, and borders the park, looking for someplace to hide his bag in the meantime.

Poliwrath: *does nothing*

[spoiler]Thanks to Crow for inspiring the idea for this post

What was once Halloween, in a future-B far far away

<I found it! It's mine!>

<I took it! It's mine!>

Somewhere in a cave looking at the sunset, two Dratini are arguing over who gets a big piece of [spoiler]Luminous Moss they found while wading outside. Their mother Dragonair  meanwhile is tidying the nest for the hatchlings to go sleep, sighing at the arguments...

-WAAAM!-

<...Eeeep> >.<

-...and at the Thunder Wave that just went over her head.

<...CHILDREN!!!!> -- roars the mother.

<...eeep~>
<...eeep~>

The two Dratini leave what they were doing and instantly initiate plan "curl around mother and purr" (don't ask where they learnt the purr part). As they purr and promise to behave the father Dragonair arrives from the deeper parts of the cave, wondering what is going on.

<I found a weird plant~ :3 >

<No, I found a weird plant~ :3>

<Well, the children are going to sleep or else. Tomorrow is Twister practice day.>

She then picks their hatchlings and goes caringly deposit them to the nest, leaving their new toy behind. The male then slithers to the nest and nuzzles the children.

<Why don't we sing them a [song] to go sleep?> -- and winks to the mother.

And the mother smiles, as she remembers a tale right for the occasion. She smooches one of the .

<Oh yes, singing you a song... like the ones I used to sing to you when you were even littler..~>

<Oooooh :3>
<Ooooh~ :3>

Yes, a little song that goes like this...

Sleep, lil'hatchling, rest your eyes~

The night bathes the den

The moon up there likes you~

And the stars shine for you~

<:o>
<:o>

So behave~

Sleep little dragon and have sweet dreams~

You'll see our paradise~

<:3>
<:3>

So behave~

Else the door will open now~

And the Inka comes for you~

(link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0drs3cY0skc )

<...o.o>
<...o.o>

-The mother rises and looks at her children, and licks them...-

<...o.o>
<...o.o>

-As the mother finishes the song, the two Dratini hug each other and remain in silence. The mother, curled around them, nuzzles and licks them so that they fall asleep, wrapped around each other for warmth.

<...zzz.>
<...zzz.>

The Dragonair mother slithers away and goes see her mate, who is getting ready for next shift at the den's watchtower.

<Are they asleep yet?>

<Yeah, finally...>

The Dragonair father then goes check the piece of [spoiler]luminous moss the hatchlings brought around, and goes deposit it in the depths of the cave.

<You think they'll misbehave tomorrow?>

<Probably not... at least, they'll share their new toy~>

-And the two larger dragons prepare for their night shift...-