Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

-An additional Ghoul appears! As it tries to attack some of the others, Silent is quick to call Cu Sith in-

"Okay let's try something here..."

-Just as he tries to formulate a plan, a Shockwave spreads across the area hitting all enemies, in particular this second Ghoul-

"Let's see if we can make it worth it despite the Mummy. Cu Sith, work it up for an Ice Fang!"

-Cu Sith nods and dashes at the second Ghoul, Working Up some energy and readying to pounce on the creature with an Ice Fang-

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

CU - Pagoda

-Success! - the Ghouls are felled. After that the group examines the situation to get past the door kinda like it was a videogame. Cu Sith, uninterested on those matters, merely wanders around closer to the gates.-

-Silent listens to SleepyHead's comment-

"Well hey, if videogames have taught me anything, is that we should leave the chest alone and pick it on the way out so we can get a better item."

-Then listens to Ren-

"Well there's that too. But if the chest has a wooden sword in it, I won't tell you I told you so."

CU Pagoda F4

-Silent has totally been there following shortly after the rest, looking unamused at the group's attemprs to solve the puzzle of the sundials-

-(or sundial, singular. Tricks be like)-

-Like some of the others, he has been VERY busy doing nothing, just in case that works. Like, ya know, like in that fight against the mirror and the sword. Or that fight against the mime. Or...-

-to Mendel-

"Say, what are the chances that the shadows disappeared because they went somewhere else? Like, we are in the somehow-completely-opposite sundial than we are supposed to be? It would fit the concept of always have something to do..." -- shakes head -- "Granted, the way to know would be splitting up but... barrking marking each sundial somehow, I can't think of anything clearer..."

-Thinks for a moment-

"...Speaking of marking," -- turns to Cu Sith -- "Why have I not asked you to 'mark' the sundial?"

Cu Sith -looks offended: "Because you think I'm too nice and well-mannered for that."

Pagoda F4

-After Dune can't into a natural 20-

"...Seriously? I guess then... you!" -- turns to Cu Sith -- "Mark this sundial before we go."

-As Silent walks after Dune, Cu Sith rolls his eyes, walks to the sundial, and attempts to scratch it-

Pagoda F4

"...Where is Cu Sith? he's taking too long..."

-Silent does not realize that when Cu Sith touched the sundial, he got teleported somewhere else-

-Meanwhile Silent follows Dune, who basically leads them to the next room which is the same one they were before-

-Silent observes as Galvani makes Dune teleport-

"...Right. Should have seen THAT one coming." -- looks around for Ren -- "Okay, let's be careful with this one."

-And touches the sundial to be teleported to wherever...-

Pagoda, All the Shadows

-Silent stares at a moment at the sundial with a face that pretty much reads "find the designer, kill him and send the remains to the same pit where lie the ashes of the engineer who designed molex connectors", for those who can read Meta-

"Okay so... has anyone tried thinking in 3D? Up and down are still options, as well as diagonals..."

-Thinks for a moment as he walks around the sundial-

"Or, since it's aiming everywhere, it's a message that the Shadow is everywhere. Aka, we are at the right place, except the wrong time?"

-Silent listens to Ren's comment about lacking the adequate McGuffins for plot progression-

"Hmmm... what about, let's say, a song to pass the time?"

-(As a response, Ren whistles the Song of Double ime)-

Somewhere

Presumably in Hoenn. If elsewhere, elsewhere.

Silent gets a message about the Velvet Room indicating that his presence is "required".

The Velvet Room

-Silent enters the Velvet Room and notices that it looks fairly different than usual; he walks just a bit around it before feeling a sense of uneasiness, which increases when itis Philemon gimself who greets him and any others already there-

"Well well... something like this has to be really serious..." - then listens to Jacob and Verax's opinions - "A tremendous change here might indicate things are even worse elsewhere."

-Philemon explains the nature and condition of the instability-

"Well, we have to deal with these things as they come anyway, nothing really different this time beyond a matter of degree, I hope. The sooner we get done with this... the more the ones of us who need it willl get some rest."

CU, Foggy Walk

-Silent looks around as he and the rest observe the totally not Ren-inspired environment-

-absentmindedly-

"Much as it might seem like this is a very wrong time for this.... Remind me to have fantastique bad dreams."

-Observing as Mendel gets  his face full of barrier, Silent decides to keep an eye on some of the statues; all the while he readies his card-

CU, Theater

-Silent observes the place, notices the obvious handholding of the open door leading to lit place-

"Hmmm... I for one hope this place is not as linear as it is introducing itself as... would give Cu Sith something useful to do."

-Decides to ignore the door for a moment, walks to the shut door closest to it but doesn't get too close-

"Hmmm... If I've learned something from watching Dintel play [MINECRAFT ANALOGUE] is that you can always get past cobwebs if you're willing to slice stuff. And given our present condition, I would say we are all willing to slice stuff... That said..."

-thinks for a moment-

"...What good play opens up without direction in the First Act?"

(Ren's reply)

CU, Theater

"Hmmmm... having to figure out lyrics..." -- shies a bit -- "Admittedly it doesn't look like we would have Youtube or AudioTag, and the last musical play I was at was at, what, age 12?"

-Heads for the obvious handholding-

"So, Ren, while I can't presume of knowing mind things that much, I'd at least trust I know some. If the handholding continues any far past this point, wouldn't you think your Shadow expects us to succeed somehow, even if the result is worse for you?"

CU, Theater, Room Numero Uno

-Silent enters the room along with the others of the group, and listens to the marvelous lyrics of the piece at hand.  He observes the two green doors for a moment as he ponders the meaning of the song-

Night time sharpens, heightens each sensation
Darkness stirs and wakes imagination
Silently the senses abandon their defenses
Helpless to resist the notes I write
For I compose the music of the night

-Silent thinks back for a moment to the fact that after the piano was stopped, the room could be seen in its "true" appearance-

"Hmmm... so if darkness stirs and wakes imagination, and the room changed to a different form when the Shadow stopped playing..." - turns to Ren - "it might be related somehow, considering how our senses are supposed to be 'helpless to resist the notes'."

-points to the lyrics above-

"At a first glance we have to either stop the music, or otherwise change the room again to its 'unruined' state. Or it's an inversion and we have to use the current form of the room before the song ends, because without music there would be no imagination, no senses."

CU, Theater, Parlor Numero Dos

-Silent arrives to the place following the others, musing something about how he hopes when it is time to face the Shadow, it'll still show a certain preference of form over function.-

-After listening to Joseph more or less celebrating-

"That's just great! I mean, not exactly, if you know what I mean but no offense."

-Stops to listen around as the music has stopped and not bothered to play back on, looks around looking for any clues, noticing instead the visual "noise" and ambience of the room-

"Hard as lightning, soft as candlelight..."

-And keeps thinking for a moment while Mendel explains about the verses-

"If hearing is believing but music is deceiving, and the music has stopped, then perhaps we must pay ear to something else that is happening in the room. All of these statues, and ornaments and things... perhaps one of them sounds out of place." -- turns to Mendel -- "It would also help explain the choice of language. Being soft, gentle and tender are all ways to express about someone who chooses to listen rather than to speak to others."

(reflect)

CU, Theather

-Because Silent has been totally following on the adventure, and thus can join the encore-

"There it is, one opening. Cu Sith, you know what to do."

-As such the Herdier apparition Works Up and, with a growl, leaps in for a Retaliate-

Fight Area, Earlier in the Present

-A totally not random bird is flying around, approaching the area where Tagg is, after flying in circles for a moment, manages to see him at a given place outside-

-The bird then lands nearby and trills a greeting note~-

[Notification Shahinne]: <...Oh! Oh! I'm here~ And in time!>

-She hops around approaching Tagg-

<I'm a Notification Shahinne and I bring a message! It's a happy birthday message!>

-And trills for Tagg a tune... though she seems to pick the wrong tune and instead of a birthday tune she sings out this...-

[spoiler]This is a... sorta time shenaniganned sudden idea of injecting something into the past, we had with Bittersweet. Technically, it takes place in the past shortly after the whole Eskay-Sarah thing. Film at eleven.

Somewhere near Ecruteak, $AMBIGUOUS_NUMBER weeks ago

At a forest clearing, a couple of small groups of Pokémon are gathering. Each group comes from a different direction in Johto, but they all have something in common...

An Ursaring and a Miltank leading their respective groups, as newcomers, are having a bit of a hard time with the formality of the situation; each of them is approaching it their own way.

Ursaring from the North: <Wow... this is a... long time since we haven't been around here.> He looks around cautiously, not used to the surroundings.

Miltank from the West: <We were sent here as soon as we heard the news!> Prods the Ursaring -- <You should relax! This will be a good time!>

A Weepinbell and a Nidorino leading their respective groups are at ease in their places, and observe the other Pokémon.

Nidorino from the South who is totally not Hamada: <Our elders were most pleased. It's been a time since a summons of this kind was invoked.>

Weepinbell from the East: <That's right...> -- looks the Nidorino up down -- <I don't remember you at least, nor do I the Ursaring.>

Ursaring -fumbles: <...Uhm... it's my first time out of the northern thicks.> -- looks around -- <Anyone wanna fight? I-I could use a fight...>

Weepinbell: <What I want to know is why are we summoned here and not to the summit.>

At this the four leading Pokémon turn their eyes to the huge man-made structure that can be seen near the city. The one atop which their elder Legendary roosts, when he feels like it.

Nidorino -sighs: <Last summons I recall, there were some issues because a human was summoned too and he had to offer a machine of some kind to the priests to get to the Summit.>

Ursaring -frowns: <...Wha? I mean, what for? We could just->

The other Pokémon look at him...

Ursaring: <-go tell them we were summoned, ya know? We'd just need a translator.>

The other Pokémon still look at him...

Ursaring -coughs: <...Were you all thinking that I wanted to, what, bust my way in? Into sacred grounds?>

Weepinbell: <In my defense, except for the Miltank over there we can't really appeal to our cuteness.>

The Nidorino and Ursaring groan and then engage in more conversation about the call they got to meet in the grounds for a [notice] by Ho-Oh...

Somewhere near Ecruteak, $AMBIGUOUS_NUMBER weeks ago

-At first, nothing of note happens. Then suddenly, the sun's rays seem to shine brighter, clearer, more vividly, and the area around the clearing feels warmer, cleaner, healthier. Then, suddenly, the shadow of a bird whose feathers glow in every color of the rainbow descends upon the gathered crowd.-

-After such an exceedingly dramatic spectacle, the quiet sound of wing-clapping can be heard from slightly beyond the audience, paired with another source's buzzing in such a pattern to imitate clapping because the owner's arms are far, far too short to clap normally.-

Nix: <I told you my dad was super dramatic.>

-The legendary rainbow bird clears his throat.-

Ho-oh: <Thank you all for gathering today. I have an announcement to make.>

[Spectrum was here!]

At the place of the meeting near Ecruteak, some time ago

As Ho-Oh and his chick have descended, the groups of Pokémon led by the four specific ones bow; the four leaders are swift to approach and stand in reverence. All except one...

Ursaring -hunches: <Awwww look it's like a Ho-Oh but in miniature! And it looks so cute...>

Miltank: <Respect! Hush it!> -- clears throat, bows nervously -- <Oooh it is by the grace of Ho-Oh that we stand. We are so glad to see you.>

Nidorino -steps in: <Our greets to u Frith, and his chick.>

Weepinbell: <A pleasure, of course. What is this [announcement] that brings us to your presence, great Bird?>

Miltank: <We certainly hope it is not bad news...>

1,293 (edited by BittersweetNSour 2016-08-27 05:36:40)

Near Ecruteak, at some point probably

-Nix puffs up her feathers and chirps-

Nix: <The proper phrase is, "she looks so cute," thank you very much. Other than that, though, you're totally right!>

-Meanwhile, her father bows his head in acknowledgment of the leaders of the groups-

Ho-oh: <I come bearing news that I certainly hope you will not interpret badly. However, it is news that will affect all of you nonetheless. For you see... I am stepping down-- >

-He's cut off by the sound of buzzing suspiciously resembling the syllables "dun-dun-duuuuuun", and glances sharply at the source.-

Spectrum: <...Too early?>

-Ho-oh clears his throat again-

Ho-oh: <Ahem... as I was saying, I am temporarily -- key word there, folks -- temporarily taking a leave of absence. Temporarily.>

[Spectrum was here!]

-The four Pokémon as well as some others who have managed to hear, gasp at the news-

Miltank -worriedly: <...How come? Stepping down?>

Weepinbell: <Oh... i-is the "temporarily" that important, right?>

Nidorino: <B-but u Frith! A-are you leaving us?>

The newcomer of the group of course doesn't get a thing and makes that absolutely plain to preceive:

Ursaring -walks in circles asking for hints: <Wait what, what is going oooooooooon?> o_o

There some hushes and cries around for trying to figure what is going on, as the lead group takes note of the emphasis on the temporarily; they and some older Pokémon wondering if this means a departure due to an unfinished business elsewhere, an illness, or something of that sort. Some concerned forest citizens ask around if that means they have to go around looking for a golden feather. Some other Nidos and Miltank come to their leaders to check on the news and they engage in some chit chat for the moment, while the Weepinbell carefully presses for a clearer explanation.

1,295 (edited by BittersweetNSour 2016-08-27 17:44:52)

Ho-oh: <Calm down, folks, calm down! I will return eventually! I simply need some time to release some stress before it begins to affect-- >

Nix: <My dad thinks he's overworked and underpaid so he's taking a vacation!> ^v^

-Nix flutters over to her father's side, giving him an innocent look-

Ho-oh: <Nix, I am not-- I am not overworked and underpaid! We Legendary Pokemon don't receive pay for our duties at all in the first place, we are above-- >

Nix: <Exactly! Underpaid!>

Ho-oh: <...>

-He sighs and returns his gaze to the crowd.-

Ho-oh: <...Anyway, yes, as my daughter so eloquently described it, I am "taking a vacation". Why do you have to interrupt me like this? Didn't you want to wait so you could do the thing at the right time?>

Nix: <Aunt Spectrum can still do the thing, so I'm not worried. She's the one who's never gotten to do it! Ooh, and make hers even more rainbow-y!>

[Spectrum was here!]

Near Ecruteak, in the past

-Some of the Pokémon in the group stare at the minor birb argument and look at each other-

Weepinbell -to the Miltank: <...Uhm... what's 'underpaid'?>

Miltank: <It's a description of our jobs...> -sobs.

The Weepinbell just nods absentmindedly, not really getting anything more than before; meanwhile, the other Pokémon turn to Ho-Oh.

Nidorino: <Well, then, ah... u Frith?> -- trades inquisitive looks with the Miltank for a moment -- <You are... well, leaving, and the morning sunlight and the grass->

Miltank: <Which we are very thankful for the taste of, by the way!>

Nidorino -flustered: <-yes well... Uhm... you are... well, leaving?>

-The other Pokémon look at Ho-Oh worriedly-

Ursaring: <Did something bad happen? I-is someone not doing their work?>

Weepinbell -looking at Nix for a moment: <Are you leaving with the chick? Are you leaving us with the chick? Is the chick okay?>

Miltank -to the others: <Hey, guys, calm down. Geez, males.> -- turns to Ho-Oh, bows -- <We just want to be ready in case this vacation is going to be for an indefinite amount of time, I guess.>

1,297 (edited by BittersweetNSour 2016-09-01 02:38:20)

Ho-oh: <Once again, worry not. My daughter, Nix-- >

-He gestures with a wing to Nix, who waves cheerfully-

Nix: <That's me!> ^v^

Ho-oh: < --will be here in my stead. She is still learning, but the experience will be very useful for her, and she will not be alone. I am also appointing another follower of mine, one I gifted with The Rainbow Voice when she was born, to assist and watch over Nix.>

Nix: <Quick, do the thing!>

Ho-oh: <I was just getting to that.>

-He spreads his wings, and a swirl of rainbow flames appears next to him. Moments later, they clear, to reveal Spectrum...-

-With her head stuck in a hole in the ground.-

Ho-oh: <...>

-Ho-oh clears his throat, and Spectrum pops her head out.-

Spectrum: <There was a really nice Diglett down there. Also hi! I'm Spectrum!>

-She buzzes in greeting-

[Spectrum was here!]

Once Upon A Time Near Ecruteak

-Spectrum's appearance amidst all the spectacle with the rainbow flames and all comes as a surprise. Everyone is AMAZED:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I1NKjczwkRw/UBn2CYRK5OI/AAAAAAAADT4/dtgeIXTEfEQ/s1600/rainbowMeme.PNG

In fact, some of the Pokémon, such as the Weepinbell, are clapping at the marvelous demonstration by the god bird. How does a Weepinbell clap I'm not completely sure but hey, thats not the issue here!-

Ursaring: <...Beautiful.> -- sobs.

Weepinbell -clapping: <8.8/10>

Nidorino: <Just like the tales Maekrite told~>

-Then, as the light subsides, Spectrum is revealed. The mons involved in the meeting fall silent and stare at the Flygon for a good while, then they turn to look back at Ho-Oh-

Nidorino: <An assistant? Uhm... h-hi?>

Miltank: <Oooh cool! Nix's got a secretary bird!>

Ursaring: <T-that's like, the weirdest bird I've ever seen...> -- fumbles.

-The four Pokémon look at Spectrum and wave their welcomes, looking if anything somewhat weirded out. Then the Miltank approaches-

Miltank: <Well aren't you a weird mon. Haven't seen any like you around. I'm Loa, from the Olivine farms.> -- inches closer, teasingly -- <So, you got to take care of Nix...>

-Meanwhile the Ursaring turns to Ho-Oh-

Ursaring: <Oh, great bird, is then anything in particular that you require of us to teach the precious little bird or her assistant bird?>

1,299 (edited by BittersweetNSour 2016-09-17 23:15:57)

The Great Ecruteak Tale (Ecrutale?)

-Ho-oh nods to the Ursaring-

Ho-oh: <Perhaps you and the other groups could teach these two your respective local customs? I have given my daughter a brief overview of the most vital things to consider, but to be honest, I'm not entirely certain how much she was paying attention.>

-Meanwhile, Spectrum pats some dirt back into the hole in the ground to close it, and buzzes happily to the Miltank-

Spectrum: <I'm from the Hoenn desert! There's lots of sand and rocks. And sand. And yes! I've already help keep watch over her once before, but never for anything official!>

Ho-oh: <Ah, yes, speaking of birds and officialness, there's one more thing I must do for you before I can head off. This way, Spectrum?>

-Spectrum blinks, and flits back toward the center of the clearing-

[Spectrum was here!]

Ecrutale!

-The Miltank and the Nidorino who is totally not Hamada, I swear, nod to Ho-Oh-

Nidorino: <I'm sure we can teach them what is needed.>

Miltank -smiles: <We can go to places! And talk with many Pokémon! And the coast near Olivine is just great, you can see the Lighthouse from pretty much anywhere.>

Weepinbell -to the others: <It is important that the bird is always protected, but I guess we can show her around the most relevant places of worship.>

-The Nidorino nods and then moves back with the Weepinbell to discuss accord to teach Nix (and Spectrum) about the Sprout Tower one of these days-

-to Spectrum-

Ursaring: <Uhm... so you are from the desert? Must be a rough life with all that sand. Like, it must be very hard for birds...>

-Noticing that Spectrum has been called forward, the Miltank follows, whereas the others stay put and bow-

Miltank: <Oh! It is good to have a guardian with experience, I guess.> -- shrugs -- <I guess if you need something you can always ask around. Depending on the time of the day. The Nidos are always available during the morning.>

-That said, she pats Spectrum as a friendly welcome gesture, then bows to Ho-Oh and steps back.

-The four Pokémon then observe as Spectrum moves back to the center of the clearing.