Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

At the vending machine

Copahue♂: <...I-er, I think I can do it the old style.>

-Harriet blushes a bit then turns to Pearl-

Harriet♀: <Just give him a can and he'll manage. One for me too, the slicing the top idea is good. Do you want anything, Shahinne?>

-Shahinne looks inquisitively, her eyes fixated on Pearl's movement-

Shahinne♀: <...A drink!>

Copahue -crane head: <That's what we're here for, just wait a bit.>

With Mendel

-Maekrite inches closer and climbs up to Silent's shoulder-

"Okay, perhaps we could ask anyone in the J-Team if they're willing to have their Malamar participate."

Maekrite: <Sol is Silent's Espeon. She would be around here usually, but this season she's attending college or something.>

-Silent turns to Maekrite-

"Well, we could ask her if she's available anyway."

-to Mendel, while reading a couple of pages-

"Okay, I will eye this report for a bit longer while our Pokémon get their drinks. I'm interested in some potential tests. For example, I'm reading the part on the dialects and idioms and I think we could arrange to test the device on fossil Pokémon or on Pokémon of very old age to get a clearer idea of how direct the interference is between sound capture and vocal recognition."

Maekrite -gets an idea: <Say, how does this thing react when there's many Pokémon speaking at once?>

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

With Silent

Hertz: Ah that makes sense as to why she'd be a good idea.

-Mendel face brightens at how Silent is interested in his findings and recommending further testing, although his face sort of falls when silent mentions a way to increase vocal recognition accuracy.-

Mendel: -a bit embarrassed- Testing with a fossil Pokémon or an older Pokémon... Oops, I overlooked that as an option. Apologies, Professor.

Mendel looks down at Maekrite: in controlled conditions, with no excess background noise, we were able to accurately translate up seven Pokémon at once depending on the types involved - that study is detailed starting on page 46 in the third binder. However, as the amount of background noise rises, the accuracy and the number of Pokémon decreases. The worse case was next to a construction site with a Yanma - the accuracy was at less than 65% due to sound interference, vocal recognition, and possibly minor factors that have fully to be discovered.

At the vending machine

-Pearl nods her understanding as her eyes glow a bright blue as she uses Psychic to pull three bills and some coins from Mendel's wallet. The bills straighten as they and the coins float upwards towards the slots for inserting the cash.-

Pearl: -inserting the first bit of cash- <Who wants what?>

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

With Mendel

-Listening to the accuracy rates, Silent and Maekrite share a look of understanding-

-to Mendel-

"I'm going on a limb here, but in the case of the Yanma I'd venture the interference was not really on the voice recognition system, but on the Yanma trying to adapt to the persistent noise and the repeating frequencies. The same thing happened with Yanma and Hoothoot colonies over Johto during the construction of the Magnet Train several years ago and it was bad enough that they ended up migrating."

Maekrite -to Pearl, raising a paw: <You should be able to test it in a cave!>

"With a bo-"

Maekrite- slams paw on Silent's head, turns to Hertz: <A cave full of Zubats!>

-Silent nods in agreement to the suggestion-

"Anyway, back to the suggestions, don't worry about having missed possible tests." - waves a hand - "You might not even have noticed since we don't really keep fossil Pokémon around in the habitats. Had a lot of trouble with my Lileep. Here have this... it might help you in your search."

Silents hands over a
[Reservoir Pass]!

Maekrite -eyes around: <You shouldn't be giving these out in the open...>

-to Mendel-

"This pass is certified to let you borrow a couple of fossil Pokémon from the various reservoirs around the world that keep track of the revivification programs." - thinks for a moment. -"Lemme see, there are various reservoirs around the world..."

-and seems to drift away in thoughts, leaving himself open to possibly obvious questions-

At the vending machine

-Copahue and Harriet stare at each other for a moment-

Copahue♂: <Is there Fresh Water™?> -- ruffles feathers. -- <If not a lemonade would be fine.>

Harriet♀: <...Something light for me.>

-Shahinne hops around, still keeping an eye on Pearl-

Shahinne♀: <I want a drink!> ^.^

779 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2015-01-11 02:59:36)

With Silent

Mendel: -listen to Silent's conjecture on the Yanma- Ah. That would make sense. Perhaps we --

-Mendel shudders a bit a the thought of a cave full of potentially angry Zubat, but his face brightens to Rainbows, Sparkles and Unicorns™ levels as he accepts the Reservoir Pass from Silent.-

Hertz: Keep it together Mendel.

Mendel: -snapping him self out of his reverie at Hertz's prompt- Oh. Right. Professor Silent, if I recall correctly Devon runs a revivification facility in Hoenn, isn't that where the J-Team is now? I saw Mr. Clavis on the La Rouse City Christmas Tree Lighting special, but I don't if the rest of the group was with him or if they're even still there. But If you'll permit me, I can travel to Hoenn - or wherever - as a representative and inquire about a member loaning a Malamar for testing and inquire at the Devon facility about studying one or two of their specimens.

At the vending machine

Pearl: <One Fresh Water™ coming up!>

-Pearl bounces up and hits the button for Fresh Water™. Pearl then uses Psychic to insert the next bit of money and bounces up to hit the button for a Sugar-free Lemonade™.-

Pearl: -looking a Shahinne- hmmm...

-Pearl uses Pychic to insert the last bit of cash in the machine before bouncing up to hit the button marked Soda Pop™ (Sweetened with sugar cane and not syrups!). As the third drink falls into the retrieval area, Pearl uses Psychic to float the three Drink to their intended recipients.-

Pearl: <Correct me if I get your names wrong - A Fresh Water™ for Cophue. A Sugar-free Lemonade™ for Harriet. And a Soda Pop™ for Shahinne. Now anyone know a move that can slice or cut? Spoink can't learn Psycho Cut nor any other cutting moves... And frankly we're made for smashing things rather that cutting them...>

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

With Mendel

-nods-

"This might be useful yes, there's the Devon facility and there's also a colony preserve facility at [Wales Island]. You might want to check into it for Lileep and Anorith specimens." -shrugs- "And I bet Renard and the rest of the group are around there. I myself am catching up with the location in the following days once we make advancements in our latest series of experiments."

Maekrite -to Hertz: <I knew it wasn't tested for hordes of Zubats. No one tests for that> ^.^

"And I totally agree that you can request a Malamar specimen. Would be pretty good in my opinion."

At the vending machine

-The three Pokémon give their thanks for the drinks-

Harriet♀: <Uhm... c-cutting moves?>

-She and Copahue look at each other for a moment then they turn to Pearl-

Copahue♂: <Not exactly...>

-Harriet shows her talons, which are curved-

-Copahue shows his talons, which are curved-

-Shahinne chimes in and proudly shows her talons-

Copahue: <But don't mind...> - a bit embarrassed - <Just... toss it high in the air and I can handle it...>

-Shahinne hops around her Soda Pop™ can for a moment, trilling content and somewhat thirsty notes. Harriet tells her to open her drink carefully, so the Starly approaches slowly, pecks the can and...-

-poof-

-...dissipates in a puff of smoke-

-...-

-...there's only now a soda pop can there-

-...-

-Harriet and Copahue look down-

-at the lone can-

Harriet♀ -feathers ruffling nervously: <...Copahue?> ¬¬

Copahue♂: <.....> >.<

At the vending machine

Pearl: -to Harriet- <I was thinking something like you using Air Cutter or Night Slas--

-Sees Shahinne disperse in a puff of smoke.-

Pearl: O.O

<Okay... What just happened?>

With Silent

Hertz: -_-;; In our defense, there's only two of us and Mendel. And Mendel is more than a little squishy.

Mendel: -pull out a small notepad and noting Silent's response- Ah. Good that makes for easier  travel arrangements I'll --

-Beat-

Professor Silent, you're going as well?

With Mendel

Maekrite -nods: <Humans are a bit frail, when they're not used to things. That's when we come in~> -- puffs chest.

"M-hmm, I'm taking a zeppelin to Hoenn sometime this coming week. I'll be around there for a while, I just want to check a couple of things and let some of my Pokémon visit their homes, mostly."

Maekrite -pats: <And remember Dintel's desert place.>

"Ah yes we should check that [tower]." -- turns to Mendel -- "...Why?"

With Pearl~

-Harriet keeps leering at Copahue for a moment, while the larger bird scans around for Shahinne-

Harriet♀: <You were supposed to bring her along!> <_<

Copahue♂: <That's what I did! i even poked her to make sure I had the real one!> >_>

-Harriet coughs and, in response to Pearl's comments, Air Slashes one of the cans and starts drinking from it-

Harriet♀: <Er... she kinda tends to do that.> -- gulps in some lemonade -- <She learned Double Team long ago and has become quite... proficent at it.>

Copahue♂ -looks around: <Shahinne? Shahinne...?> ._.

With Silent

Mendel: A zeppelin?! *ahem* I mean I knew that you were close to the J-Team and all, but I didn't think you'd be heading there as well...

Hertz: In other words, he doesn't want to embarrass himself in front of you.

Mendeal: Hertz!

-a Rotom troll face briefly appears on the translator device.-

At the vending machine

-Pearl just "o.o" at Harriet's explanation.-

Pearl: <She can make physical doubles with Double Team?!>

-Pearl realizes she's still holding Mendel's Lemonade and wallet.-

Pearl: <I... I think I'll give these to Mendel. I'll keep an eye out for Shahinne on my way back.>

PEFE HQ, in one of the labs, some time ago

-Some time after the meeting with Mendel, and accompanied by some of his Pokémon, Silent has returned to PEFE HQ-

Sol♀: <Ahem, yes, that's what the location tag says!>

-Silent can be seen with some minor technicians working in one of the laboratories. Whereas most of the technicians are working on some usual stuff like habitat maintenance, Silent seems to be working on some modifications to his Pokégear as well as casually checking his lappy every once in a while. For company, Pokéteco the Noctowl, Harriet the Honchkrow and Algira the Masquerain can be seen perched nearby-

-ping from the lappy indicates a message from the PEFE bulletin board-

"...Hmmm? Again this subject? I thought I had made my point clear..."

-he starts typing-

Dr. Silent wrote:

The technical committee has shown the initial reports already thrice last week and I don't think the newest build can possibly fix what's wrong with the complement, so my vote is still a sounding NO on installing systemd on our PEFEgon userbase.

Seriously, people, booting up a Porygon in only 0.034 nanoseconds -contrasted to, what, 0.17 nanoseconds?- is not something that makes up for a major or even noticeable difference in performance for most of the usecases that our installed userbase has to account for. Namely, that our PEFEgons provide open routing access to the PEFE switchboard infrastructure.

-angrily presses the [Send] button, prompting Harriet to rustle her feathers-

Harriet♀: <Uhm, why are you angry at those people?>

"I'm not angry. Just... mightly infuriated at their trendishness and incompetence."

Harriet♀: <Is the thing you mentioned about the PEFEgons that bad?>

"Hmmm... I'm not sure, but I expect it'd be." -- tinkers with a wristband device attached to a random Mega Stone - "I'm not sure if you were around for the PEFeDOS issues. Any of them."

-Harriet and Algira look at each other, then the Honchkrow coos-

Harriet♀: <Not really...>

Pokéteco: <Inka and I met the first iteration of her.> -- stares into nothingness -- <Good memories.>

-Algira buzzes something about "old peoplemons", then flutters away to an unoccupied terminal. Harriet does the equivalent of an eyebrow raise at him, then turns back to Silent-

Harriet♀: <It's just it does seem to me that you could be doing better stuff than... this.> -- waves her wing to indicate everything in the lab.

-Silent frowns at her-

"You mean my work?"

Harriet♀: <Yes. No.> -- sighs -- <I, er...>

-There is a moment of silence, which Pokéteco takes advantage of to move to another perch where he can get a better look at Harriet. Silent, meanwhile, finishes working with some wires attached to the Mega Stone and then takes the Stone out to be saved in a small box-

Harriet♀: <...I thought you and him...>

Pokéteco♂: <What is it that really concerns you?>

-Silent continues working on the wristband device for a couple of minutes, then stores some of the tools and picks the small box with the Mega Stone and heads to the door to meet one of the technicians-

"Here, return this to Energy Sampling and bring around the pallet with the elemental coils to the back door of the laboratory, I will be testing them outside."

PEFE technician: "Sure thing."

-The man walks away and Silent heads back to his post, only to notice Algira working on a laptop-

"...Algira? What are you doing?"

Algira♀: <I'm trying to send an e-mail.> -flutters around over the keyboard.

"Uhm... Algira do you even know what an e-mail is?"

Algira♀: <Oh? Sure!> -- displays joyful colours in her antennæ -- <It's like sending mails attached to Pokémon but instead it's all done with the laptop! So I can write things for Helios easily! ♥~>

-Silent rubs his head-

"Okay, first... does Helios even [have] an e-mail?"

-Algira doesn't answer-

"...or even know how to use a computer?"

Algira♀: <I guess so? That's why I'm writing to him~>

"And how are you sending those?"

Algira♀ -buzzes: <By e-mail!> ^.^

-Silent implied-facepalms then walks a bit closer-

"...that much I got. I mean, you know you have to use an account to send e-mail, right?"

Algira♀: <Oh yes, I already got taught that.>

-blinks-

"Wait so you have an e-mail account?"

-Algira stops for a moment and hovers around, ending up in front of Silent's face, upside-down-

Algira♀: <...No?>

-Silent grumbles and lets out a half-Leer, already knowing where the conversation is headed-

"...And who's account are you using to send those messages then?"

Algira♀ -happily spins back to upright position: <Dintel's!> ^.^

"Algira I told you to not use my a-...what?" -- blinks, looks into the terminal. -- "Dintel has an e-mail account?"

Algira♀: <But of course! He even showed it to me, see?>

-Algira bumps a part of the screen where it proudly reads "wheeee.dintel @ fineandgoodsirs.co.sn"-

"...dot 'sn'? Must be a Sinnoh domain. Wait-..."

-inches closer-

"...Dintel is still taking Darach's course?" o.o

Algira♀ -with inquisitive colours: <...I don't know? I thought that had ended. I guess he's just using the account.>

"...Okay that makes sense. Unlike everything else here..."

-Silent sighs, decides to then leave Algira to her own devices, warning her not to let her powder get in between the terminal's keys, and returns to his post to continue working on the wristband device under the watchful eye of Pokéteco and Harriet-

-Several minutes pass in silence under those watchful eyes, with Harriet every once in a while preening her feathers nervously and attempting to ask something, only to not be able to spit it out. The only sounds besides those of Silent working are those of Algira furiously trying to get to interface with the keyboard and mouse...-

-At a given moment and a bit annoyed at Harriet's hesitation, Pokéteco decides to chase another angle of conversation-

Pokéteco♂: <You have been working on this Gateway device for a while. I take it the other device is now tested?>

-Silent raises his sight and points to a small bag besides the laptop-

"Yeah, the iso-manifold virtual protein [realizator]." -- Pokéteco rolls his eyes at the hard science terminology but Silent doesn't notice -- "Pollard and I tested the procedures on Monday and everything went all right so it should be able to advance to alpha testing shortly."

Harriet♀ -tilts head: <I thought PEFEgon used normal Pokéballs, like any other Pokémon.>

Pokéteco♂: <They do, actually. But I have the understanding Porygon are special in some ways and Silent wanted PEFE to take advantage of that.>

Harriet♀: <I see...> -- nods, though not in complete understanding.

"A Porygon has an inherently virtual body structure, we can take advantage of it to decouple them from the physical world and couple them to a data transmission mesh without requiring them to switch through energy phases like what happens with a Pokéball."

Pokéteco♂: <So is it something like fancy teleportation?>

Harriet♀: <...Oh? So then, where do they go? Some sort of [digital world]?>

"Well, teleportation is not the right word. It's closer to them turning into ghosts and continuing to interact with out world but at a different layer of it."

-Harriet and Pokéteco share a spooky look-

Harriet♀: <Ooooh... possession...>

-Silent laughs, which Pokéteco contently takes note of, and then the two of them return each to their task-

-Harriet is about to comment further when a puzzled buzz comes from the terminal the other end of the room-

Algira♀: <Uhm... guys?> -- they turn to her -- <What is this thing that says 'CAPTCHA' on the screen?>

-Harriet snickers-

"Dear Deer Dintel what did you do?"

Harriet♀: <...I think I can handle that one.>

"Yeah, I need to get this ready for the next evolution transduction test with Maekrite, so..."

-And the Honchkrow flies away while Pokéteco dives in and perches on the table, above the device intended for a PEFEgon.-

-Unknown to the four, at the roof of the laboratory a small orb of energy is capturing a view of what's happening and sending it to an interested party waiting outside, in the skies far above PEFE island...-

???? -perceiving in his mind the images of Silent working on the wristband device: «Hmmm... they might get to the right type of energy for the transformation soon, but he won't be able to find an adequate transducer anywhere in the universe except...»

Slateport, Hoenn - Pokécenter

Silent is at the Pokécenter feeding his Pokémon while he watches some TV.

Previously on... SICN

Lab analyst: "...just get me a sample and I can trace it to the exact batch of the exact park where those Lansat berries were pulled."

Secretary of the Navy: "Well, get it done team, we haven't found the Lansat smuggler ring's base of operations yet."

MCU Special Agent: "...My fingers are fingling..."

-Silent looks up at the TV-

"...Hmmm? I think that's a rerun episode. I better to check on the Pokémon..."

-And he goes to the lobby area where a certain birdfamily are resting-

Copahue♂: <Oh? Are we ready for the trip yet?>

Harriet♀: <I thought we had to pick a team leader.> -- stares up -- <Is Maekrite ready yet?>

"No, the tests Maekrite and I are running to Warp Evolve him are not ready yet and the data I asked Prof Sergio Sycamore is not here either, so I'm not bringing him around for this arc. In exchange though, I already made the decision for you..."

-All Pokémon but Shahinne look to Silent in expectation-

"...for the team leader."

-turns to Ichtacya-

"Ichtacya?"

Ichtacya♀ -obviously happy: <...Yay! I knew it!> :3

"Go fetch Dintel."

Ichtacya♀: <...R-right.>

-And goes wander around the Pokécenter, growling her discontent, while Shahinne and Harriet follow around happily-

"So Copahue..."

Copahue♂ -tenses up: <...Y-yes?>

"I'm guessing the answer but I think it's better if I ask, are you okay with a run as a Fly mon? I need somemon capable..."

-And Copahue visibly shrinks at the mention of that line of job-

-Ichtacya meanwhile sniffs around for Dintel, only to find...-

Slateport City, Pokémon Center

-A young man in winter clothing is at the reception desk, speaking to the nurse-

-a Lapras is near him-

Nurse: Sir, are you sure you don't want me to restore your Lapras? All you would need to do is return it to its ball for just a second.

Pianis: She's fine, I assure you.

Nurse: Well, I suppose I can't force you.

-the nurse hands Pianis' other Poké Balls to him-

Nurse: We hope to see you again!

Lapras♀: <Yeah, we really don't need any of that.>

Pianis: Yeah, sorry. I'm sure this is awkward for you.

Lapras♀: <You have no idea.>

-Ichtacya, meanwhile, may notice a Cryogonal hovering over her-

Crystallux: <Subject identified. Target lock: Leafeon.>

[spoiler]Good thing not all nurses in the world bring up a TV set with Rowan on screen :p

Pokécenter

-Ichtacya listens up and moves around a bit to catch sight of who or what is above her-

Ichtacya: <...Oh? Wait, do I know you?> -- attempts to sniff at Crystallyx.

-Harriet and Copahue hover behind and land besides the Leafeon-

Shahinne♀: <Mom look! What's that?>

Harriet: <...A Cryogonal dear...> -- turns to Crystallux -- <H-hello there, aren't you uncomfortable in this place? This place evaporates icecream...>

-Ichtacya barks up a greeting-

Ichtacya: <Hey! I'm Ichtacya. Have we met?> -waves a paw.

-Harriet looks around-

Harriet: <Do you come with a Trainer?> -- seems to recognize someone in the crowd, maybe Pianis - <I wonder if...>

Slateport City, Pokémon Center

-Crystallux hovers a little closer-

Crystallux: <The chance of my evaporating under current circumstances is 5%. In the event of evaporation, my physical form can be restored by sufficiently low temperature.>

-it is then greeted by Ichtacya-

Crystallux: <There is no presence of an "Ichtacya" in my memory banks. My trainer is the young man with the hair covering his eye within close proximity.>

-this comment catches Pianis' attention-

Pianis: Hm?

Lapras♀: <Is this someone you know?>

Pokécenter

Harriet: <...Oh? It's that person...?> -- looks at Pianis for a moment, feeling like he's familiar. -- <Reminds me of Fortis.>

Shahinne♀ -to Crystallux: <You are flat and speak funny.> ^.^

Harriet: <Shahinne...> -- eyes her down.

-Ichtacya meanwhile turns to Pianis and Lapras-

Ichtacya♀: <Hey you there!> -- to Lapras -- <I'm Ichtacya. My Trainer is the guy with the Fearow back there.>

-And points her head leaf in the direction of the other side of the lounge where Silent can be seen standing, arms crossed, and Copahue busily ruffling his feathers; by the looks of it they have bee talking for a while-

Shahinne♀: <Ohai!> -- flies around Lapras's head -- <I'm Shahinne! Are you like Laplace? Do you know Laplace? Is he still around?>

-to Pianis-

Harriet: <Hmmm... er, human, do I venture that you can understand me by any chance?>

Pokémon Center

Crystallux: <My manner of speech is the most efficient method of transmitting accurate information. There is a 5% chance of misinformation while other methods have a failure rate of up to 65%.>

Pianis: Yes, I can. I take it you know my sister?

Lapras♀: <Who's Laplace? Uh, whoever he is, I'm probably not like him.>

Pokémon Center

Shahinne -chirps: <Well you still talk funny. And you're pretty and shiny! And ooooooh~>

-Shahinne flies in front of Crystallux and stares at him from various directions, trying to catch a reflection of herself in him-

Harriet -blinks: <Shahinne that's not very nice.> -- to Pianis -- <Er, if she is who I think she is we did have a nice picnic with her a couple of months ago. Very nice.> -- nods.

Ichtacya -to Lapras: <He was a Lapras who surfed us through the Orange Islands. Long time ago anyway.> -- turns to Pianis and Crystallux -- <So you're like Mezzopiano it seems? What are you doing here?>

-Shahinne tentatively tries to peck on Crystallux's surface-

Pokémon Center

-Crystallux cracks slightly at being pecked-

Crystallux: <Warning. I have sustained minor damage from this action. Structural integrity is at 95%. Further action along this course will lead to your immobilization.>

Pianis: Looking for my sisters, actually, and it seems that you know both of them. Also, I'm helping out with a certain thing the group is doing.

Lapras♀: <But we should really talk about that somewhere private.>

Pokémon Center

-Shahinne trills a surprised note and she flies right behind Harriet; she peeks out a moment aftwewards with a ._. face-

Harriet: <Shahinne you should go apologize.> -- stares at her with feathers rustled.

-Shahinne just keeps staring at Crystallux for a moment-

-Harriet and Ichtacya turn to Pianis-

Ichtacya: <...Something private?> -- runs back to where Silent and Copahue are apparently arguing.

Harriet: <Oh yes we had picnic with both of them actually. Nice people.> -- ruffles feathers -- <We haven't seen them around though, we just got here yesterday.>

-She steps out of the way and shoves Shahinne forwards, nudging her to apologize-

-A short moment later Silent and Copahue can be seen walking in

"Hey people, what is this about a conversation?" -- sees Pianis -- "You one of the Morendos I think, right? Hey there."

Ichtacya -walks around in circles: <We need to go hide somewhere!>

-Silent looks around-

"Hmmm... the trauma room? If there's no mons being treated we could ask for a couple of minutes at it..."

Shahinne: <I didn't mean to.>

Pokémon Center

Crystallux: <Your concern is noted and apology accepted.>

Pianis: Hey. Yeah, I'm a Morendo. Pianissimo, Pianis for short. I think we've met before?

Lapras♀: <So is this one of the other people?>

Pokémon Center

Ichtacya♀ -proudly: <If you mean those other people...>

-to Pianis-

"Not officially I think not." -- thinks back to other times in snow, such as in Snowbelle -- "...Definitively not. I've met the others though."

Harriet: <Very well Shahinne.> -- pats her, turns her attention to Crystallux -- <Does your kind even eat berries? We could get you some...>

-Copahue notices, prepares the Schrödinger Berries from Silent's bag just in case-

Copahue♂: <I'm Copahue, by the way, but don't mind me.>

-Harriet nuzzles him openly-

"Okay, so, Pianis for short, a pleasure. I work at PEFE by the way, you probably know of the others there. So, I take it the rest of the family is around the region too?"

Shahinne -still clinging to Harriet: <We could have a picnic...>

Ichtacya -circles around: <Let's walk the walk and talk the talk!> ^.^

Pokémon Center

Pianis: My sisters are here, from what I understand. Forte is still in Kalos. I felt kind of bad about leaving him... uh, her behind, but then again I felt like this thing was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Crystallux: <Berries are considered valid for consumption by my species. There is an 83% chance that consuming one may assist the self-repair process.>

Lapras♀: <Nice to meet you too, then. Not often do I get to see so many different types of mons around.>

Pokémon Center

Harriet: <...I think that means you want a Berry.>

-Nudges Silent, who produces an Oran Berry and holds it in front of the Cryogonal-

"Here you go~"

Copahue: <That one should make you feel a lot better.>

-to Pianis-

"Forte is still in Kalos? I wonder if Dr. Tangent is also still there. Anyway," -waves a hand- "what are the sisters up to? Challenging the gyms or something particular?"

Harriet: <Watching a couple of Contests would be nice...>

Copahue: <Nothing apocalyptic please. And nothing with soot either.> >_>

Ichtacya -to Lapras: <You stick around with a team long enough and you get to see enough Pokémon to not remember their names~>

Pokémon Center

-Crystallux takes the berry in its chains, placing it into its mouth-

-the fracture then repairs itself-

Crystallux: <This has provided the expected result.>

Pianis: I don't know what they're doing, actually. I was hoping I could ask them.

Lapras♀: <What's a contest?>

Pokémon Center

-Shahinne and Harriet coo at Crystallux eating the berry.-

Ichtacya -points to a building that can be seen outside: <Well, Contests are things whe->

"Ichtacya?" -Silent looks around- "Where's Dintel?"

Ichtacya♀: <…Uhm, haven't found him yet?> -- drops ears.

"Could you get him please? Take [Algira] with you in case she can see him from afar."

-Ichtacya grumbles, waves a hi to Lapras and Pianis and then strolls off-

Harriet: <...She didn't seem too okay with it.>

Copahue♂: <I kinda get how she feels.> <_<

-the two birds then turn to Lapras-

Copahue♂: <Contests are events where Pokémon get to perform showing off their movements and attacks, and they get rewarded by their style or their awesomeness.>

Harriet♀: <They seem to be quite the entertaining events to take part of. We have only watched from above though.> -- reminscences to the Goldenrod contest show.

-to Pianis-

"Hmmm, I'm guessing you want to speak to them in person. Otherwise, just a phone would do."

Shortly before, Outside

[Dintel♂] is happily walking around town, carrying a bag with groceries and other stuff he has acquired somehow. [Python♂] is slithering behind him, looking interested in the contents of the bag.

Dintel♂: <I have all the things I want to buy now. We should go play somewhere.>

-Python scents around for a moment and looks in various directions, unsure of where they could go.-

Dintel♂: <...Contest building?>

Python♂: <…!interested.>

Dintel♂ -grumbles: <Fine. Museum then. You are boring.>

-And they start walking aimlessly around town, not really knowing where the Museum is-

Pokémon Center

Pianis: Preferably, yes. That and they're both kind of bad at answering their phones.

Lapras♀: <Ooh, you think we could try one?>

Pianis: ...That would be a really bad idea.