Topic: Testing and Announcements

If you are looking at this (which I guess you are), the install of PunBB appears to have worked! Now log in and head over to the administration control panel to configure your forum.

Blah blah, default post, blah blah

Re: Testing and Announcements

Test reply

Test reply back :o

This is a post.

"Oh Bassy, I do love red the most. Hair, clothes, lipstick, I love them to be red. The more flamboyant a woman is, the more she's as beautiful as a poisonous flower, right?"

Welcome, Fool!

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Welcome, Pippi

Nyaaa

Ok, some announcements that need to be made so that this place is in order:

First, there is a PM system installed in the forum now. You can send PMs to another user by reaching their profile. I'd welcome it if this feature is tested, thanks.

Second, there is also a temporary antispam feature in testing. If it is working well, which we will find out in the next weeks, the number of automated bot logins in the future should be reduced to nearly zero.

Third, as a convenience reminder to users, accesskeys are enabled for the posting box. So far the accesskeys enabled are for (B)old, (I)talics and (U)nderline, with (C)aps and (Q)uote coming eventually. They are activated via your browser's accesskey shortcut so it is something like, say, CTRL+SHIFT+B or Alt+B for bold.

Fourth, due to RL issues I'm looking for someone who can help co-administer this forum during the times I will not be available. Such co-administration will include full access credentials and privileges in the web interface (to eg.: ban / create users). Can't provide physical access to the files though, that remains in Tangent's realm.

Testing of some featurettes here:

Color

The tags for colors are:

[color=....]some text[/color]

Where the color is either an HTML color name, a HTML color tuple (#rrggbb) or a SVG color name, which you can check in This Listing.

color=red
color=#331a7f
color=salmon (yes, it is a color)

I'd loooove to enable a color wheel or a color picker but that requires more coding than I can dedicate at the time being.

Spoilers

For spoilers, the tag "spoiler" can be used.

[spoiler]some spoilered text[/spoiler]

The effect is that you must hover over with the mouse to reveal the text.

For example by highlighting here you'll learn that [spoiler]Snape kills Trinity with Rosebud! Amn't I evil?

Spoilers are limited to one line of text, ie.: no paragraphs. Also I'm not certain other syntax will work inside. The accesskey '_' (underscore) might be eventually enabled for this feature.

Quoting

This one is more or less a standard, it's

[quote=source]...some text...[/quote]

. The accesskey 'q' is enabled in case it works in your browser but clear your cache before trying it.

Headers

The syntax for headers is

[h]header[/h]

. The header must be one line (ie.: no paragraph breaks) but other syntax modes are accepted inside. The accesskey 'h' should be enabled for it but for some reason I can not make it work, more testing (for science) is welcome.

Remember you can also see the help page for the other BBCode syntax, which is linked to in the post / edit boxes and includes also the information on posting links, images and smileys.

Header Style 1
Header Style 2
[h]Header Style 1[/h]

!! Header Style 2

Rules:

Both headers produce the same code (a <h5> header) except for the visual style.

The TVTropes-like header (!!) covers ONE line of text and requires having a blank line on top of it.

Use well~

Testing for Eskay.

Line Test

Testing something called line...

Let's try it again...

...Working? 7g is cool.

Yay~

Doing it wrrrrrong: ---- ← and that's bad~

testing subscription function

Edit:No, it doesn't work, email on this server doesn't work

Nyaaa

test post

Test post.

Chatroom Announcement

Given the latest (and more prominent) issues with the chatroom service, I have installed a temporary crontab to restart the chatroom service automatically with certain schedules. I'm hoping it works, in which case we'll be able to finetune it better for our own usage. It should also help preserve server health if it works.

Expect chatroom service reboot on Mon-Wed-Fri at 5 AM server localtime (the same that shows in the logs). That time was chosen because it is a time of the day where there's barely anyone left in the chatrooms -- and the ones who are left should be logging off and go sleep anyway :p

We'll know on Wednesday if this temporary measure works.

[spoiler]test

Small: microping

Specific size (8px): pixelping