Re: Silentposts [currently: the Wedding 2020]

Ren: Oooo~ Nifty~

-Ren tucks the device into one of his bags.-

Ren: I'm sure Gamma will be thrilled to work with new data.

Gamma: Affirmative.

-After a few moments the laptop chimes as it fully boots up, the sond causing Mendel to lurch forward to grab the laptop.-

Mendel: Need to register the PC! I can't let prefessor Silent down!

Ren: I think I'm starting to have second thoughts about this guy...

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

Goldenrod PEFE HQ, with Tagg

-Silent is sitting at a table jolting notes on a notebook and a couple of spec sheets. Under the table Sol can be seen, curled and napping-

"Hrmmm? Tagg?" -- raises his eyes to meet Tagg, sighs -- "Okay, take a seat... I'll dispense on the formalities and let you know I saw the video of what happened."

With Renard

-Silent gives a half-hearted Leer at Ren-

"Do give him a chance. The kit was right about one thing."

-turns to Mendel-

"Uhm... I think I'm gonna regret asking this but how soon can you two begin? And what accomodations would you need?"

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

-Takes a seat-

That's two of us dead, and at the ripe old age of 17 years old. Sorry if I do an Aura flare up, I just finished having an argument with Maggie over it.

With Tagg

-Silent says nothing on the matter for a moment, and continues to jolt notes down. Sol meanwhile open an eye and gives Tagg a shiftly look, but returns to her nap afterwards-

"Hmmm... Maggie."

-Silent observes a design of something similar to a card reader in his notes, and closes the notebook. He stares at Tagg-

"Given the situation, that you are now here and flaring up tells me nothing." -- crosses arms. -- "And, to be blunt, neither do those deaths. So… what is going on, really? What's the rest of the group's spin on things?"

755 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-11-07 05:20:21)

-Mendel hears Silent's question but seems distracted with the Setup process of his laptop

Mendel: Oh! Professor Silent! Uhh... Lets see...

Hertz: -sighs- <Mendel talk properly to your superior. I'll handle the set up.>

-Hertz float into the laptop, which takes and orange hue.-

Mendel: Oh! Okay, thanks Hertz.

Pearl: <And keep it together Mendel.>

Mendel: -sweatdrops-

-Mendel turns to Silent and start to list what he needs while visable straining not to devolve back into fanboy mode-

Mendel: Well, I can begin immediately if required. Since this will help nicely with a few of my other projects. As for resources and accommodations... uhhh... We'll obviously need a copy of the program... hmmm... I think permission to use the translator in places where personally electronic can be brought into, but are not usually not allowed into if possible... I guess a handheld of some sort for when the laptop is impractical to carry... Oh! Being able to interact with a variety of available mon would be ideal for a test like this... And once I've gathered some data, and once one becomes available, a PEFEgon for a third test group...

-Mendel starts to mutter trying to think of anything else he didn't have access to that he needed.-

Ren: -relenting under silent's Leer and Mendel's "work mode"- Okay, I admit, he does seem to know what he needs to pull this off and how to do it properly.

-Hertz releases the laptop from his possession and floats next to Mendel happy that Mendel is taking things seriously.-

Mendel: -finally speaking up- AND CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH PROFESSOR SILENT?

Ren: -face palm-

Rio: -face paw-

Kitsune: -face paw-

Gamma: -facepalm.jpg-

Keys: -face key-

Hertz: -face plasma-

Pearl: -Face palm-

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

756 (edited by rmctagg09 2014-11-07 05:39:23)

Most of the others don't know yet besides me, Ren, Hikari, Sol, and Maggie, I'm trying to figure out how best to break the news, and I'm pretty sure we'll need to have another J-Team meeting.  Ren in particular's a bit besides himself with grief at the moment.

Hitodama: <Lit!>

Akiko: <Toge!>

With Ren and Mendel

Maekrite☼ -listens to Mendel rambling with a growing o_o face: <…rrrrr?> -- tilts head, then scrambles towards Silent's shoulder.

"...Geez I didn't bring my own recorder. Oh well." -- starts jolting down notes.

-Silent sees Mendel is taking the job seriously, turns to Ren-

"Well then I guess I can help provide some of the material. Though for the lighter-model part of the laptop's impracticability all I can do is ask them to give the patches priority and notify him when they have a PEFEgon ready. For the availability of mons I guess we can schedule rounds at the National Park."

-He's about to turn to Mendel to comment on something when autograph request-

-silences, sweatdrops-

Maekrite☼ -has just climbed to Silent's head, gives Hertz a mild glare: <You better actually do something… You know, you almost remind me of myself when we started. Almost..>

With Tagg

-Silent hmphs atthe first piece of information-

"I'm pretty sure a new meeting would be a good idea, but given the results of the last one and the nature and dispersion of the information to be discussed... I fear it might end up coming as a point of contention itself and derail the whole thing."

-Sol stretches and adds a little thing-

Sol: <You'd better do it soon, or people will disperse in more than one way.>

-Her jewel shimmers-

Then what would you suggest I do?

-to Tagg-

"You've seen how I deal with this kid of stuff... ever since the book. It's a simpler path, and for the same reason I can't recommend it."

-Shifts in his seat for a moment-

"Whatever you do though, I advise you to distance yourself from the 'everythingness' of it all. You don't have to deal with everyone's issues, or with the consequences of every act. I have seen where you go from all that blame, we all have, and I think for the group that prospect will be a bad thing to have, regardless of if they paint that image on their mind themselves or it's you who did something about it."

Ren: -composing himself- *ahem* Well I certainly can accommodate the copy of the program.

-Ren pulls out his multi-head USB cord and links his tablet with Mendel's laptop, then Gamma goes to work on installing the translator-

And hopefully, if all goes well Monday, I can also clear it with the head of my family's ranch to let Mendel visit when he can. That can help with variety. As for electronics, if you can't get something from here, I'm sure I can get something from Silph.

Hertz: -gives an indignant look at Maekrite- <I don't know what your beef is, but I help Mendel when ever I can! I may not be able to do much, but I'm proud of what I can do!>

-Mendel doesn't catch this exchange due to Pearl deliberately omitting it. Ren however whispers to Silent.-

Ren: What was that all about?

With Ren

"Hmmm, okay then. I think that mostly settles it, we can consider this project [started]."

Maekrite☼ -buffs: <Well you keep doing that, rooli.> ("rookie")

-Silent catches hearing of the little conversation between Hertz and Maekrite, and quickly gives the Nidoran a nudge; Maekrite sprawls himself on Silent's head and perks his ears up in response-

-to Ren-

"Maekrite's all energetic and judgemental again. I'm guessing he's feeling a bit offended that someone would have a mon of such rarity as a Starter, even more by accident, considering all that being a Starter has meant to Maekrite's life. You know in some circles Rotom are considered even Legendary..." -Maekrite looks down and Leers to let Silent and Ren know he's listening - "If you don't like being read like that, kit, then behave. Or I'll tell your wife."

-Maekrite flattens his ears and gulps, then turns to Hertz-

Maekrite☼: <I do mean that you keep doing that... that you help.>

-and turns his head the other way-

-Silent turns to Mendel-

"Well, anything else besides signing that autograph, I guess?"

-goes for a sheet of paper-

No, but am I one of the oldest, and my mons are probably the strongest.

-Sighs-

I guess I should put that training idea I had into overdrive.

With Tagg

-raises a finger and points it at Tagg's temple-

"Precisely because of that. Whether you think of the J-Team as a family, a mob, a party group or as a system, Tagg, you are one of, if not the, critical points of failure." -thinks for a moment- "And then yes, well, some sort of training thing might be good. But I'll still recommend you detach from it."

-Checks his watch-

"Well, dunno if you are too busy or not... I need to go sleep. Give Helios and Roc my greetings?"

Ren: -to Silent- I see...

-Rio and Kitsune give each other a knowing glance.-

Hertz: -sulking- <Hmph.>

Mendel: -smiling brightly- YES!

-Shock from Hertz-

I mean, I think I'll be good with what we discussed, Professor Silent, and thank you for the autograph!

Ren: -to Pearl- Is he always like this?

Pearl: -shrugging- ~Ehhh a bit. Going off what I said before, Mendel only really gets like this when it comes to the PEFE Founders. But I will admit, today set a new high for Mendel.~

Ren: -to Mendel and his parnters- Thanks for helping out with this, and it is a pleasure to work with you three.

PEFE Goldenrod, later

-Silent gets a message from Eridanus-

"Oh, a meeting. Hmmm..." -looks around at the mons comprising his team- "who should I take?"

Sol♀ -sunk in a book: <I'm studying.>

"...Ichtacya?"

Ichtacya♀ -peeks from behind a door: <I'd welcome the sunlight.>

"Okay that's one... Pokéte-"

-turns to find the Noctowl perched, napping-

"-...that's a no. I guess I'll bring Shahinne in and..."

-turns around again to look at another mon-

Algira♀: <WATCH OUT!> -swerves out of the way after almost crashing on Silent's head.

"You coming? We're to meet Eridanus again."

Algira♀: <Oooh! That guy back from where the crazy Gym? I can go.> -she flutters around.

"Okay and that leaves..."

-looks around, noticing Maekrite and Python are nowhere around-

"Hmm... them for later. Okay, let's g-... where's Dintel?"

-Everymon but Sol looks around, shrugs-

"...Later then."

-And walks outside with Shahinne on top of head, Ichtacya and Algira following behind; all while typing a message-

To: Eridanus

Sure thing. Am available by the Pokécenter.

Somewhere in Goldenrod

-Shahinne, who is a had, suddenly has a Swablu hat. By virtue of cuteness the universe doesn't implode.-

Shahinne♀ -yaws: <...Chirp?> -- looks up at Nimbus -- <...I'm Shahinne. How did you get in here and why do I have a hat? You are too unevolved to be Aunt~> -- tries to peck away playfully.

-to Alrey-

"I'm Silent, I met Eri some time ago in Kalos, we went around doing tag Gym Battles for a while. And you are?"

-Algira turns to Denshi-

Algira♀: <She did that because she's silly. Her parents never seem to really catch wind of that. So...> -- flutters around sending friendly signals -- <how are Gyms going?>

Continuing conversation

-The universe is held in place by Nimbus's logic about why being a hat. Shahinne shrugs it off, thinking it's good to be warm; though Silent does take notice of the extra weight on his head. Fortunately after 9 + 2 years of Nidos on head he's used to it-

Ichtacya♀ -waves a paw at everymon: <Hey, I'm Ichtacya. Most of you probably didn't see me back them.> -- to Rose -- <We are very good peoplemons~>

"Hmmm, Sol is busy studying for a college exam, so she couldn't make it. I was supposed to bring Dintel but couldn't find him, either."

-Shahinne is poked by Vivi, trills and shakes a bit before trying to use Nimbus to cover herself more-

Algira♀ -to Fox: <She says she's too pretty to evolve. What does she know...>

-Silent waves and greets the various mons, motioning Algira to chime in and introduce herself as well; he turns to Eridanus-

"Hmmm so you are informed then. Well, I heard the name once, but I haven't kept that tight tabs on the group. Most I know is that the J-Team were discussing the issue here in Goldenrod... and that yeah it might not be a good time."

-Ichtacya takes note of Atla-

Ichtacya♀: <Whatever you are you are funny-looking. Hey there~>

768 (edited by VeniaSilente 2014-11-09 22:43:53)

Continuing meeting

-to Alrey-

"Actually she's studying Quantumnuclear Kinetics, about to enter her last semester. Dunno what exactly will that help with."

-Shahinne peeks from under Nimbus and takes a look at the Staraptor image-

Algira♀: <...Predatory bird!> -hides behind Silent.

Shahinne♀: <I'm gonna be awesome just like dad!> ^.^

-to Forge-

"Majestic sounds so much better, but she insists on 'pretty'." -smirks.

-Meanwhile Ichtacya's former confidence "melts" as she suddenly finds herself with a Goomy gooing all over her-

Ichtacya♀ -shaking: <Poisonous poisonous poisonous> @.@

"Errr... Alrey? I think Ichtacya is more used to, er, solid type teammates." -- laughs.

-to Eridanus-

"So, all in all, what are your next plans?"

-Eri and Arley comment on plans. Silent nods, then points a couple of things out-

"Be careful with the Dragon Gym. Leader has a reputation for taking losses far less than stellarly."

-to Arley-

"It's basically science about how a Pokémon controlling intramolecular forces at a granular level can achieve good mastery of teleportation and telekinetics among other things." -- shrugs.

Ichtacya♀: <Y-y-you're still s-s-s-slimey...>

"Come on Ichtacya don't be bad..."

Shahinne♀: <I am, yes~> -- trills.

-and sinks more under Nimbus-

"Hmmm... I guess you'll be wanting to challenge one of the nearby Gyms next. Azalea or Ecruteak?"

(continued here)

Sometime earlier this week
National Park

-Silent is sitting on a bench, taking a look to various papers and documents related to PEFE work. A certain bird family are all perched on the trees nearby, and Maekrite is hidden under some bushes right behind. Ichtacya is over there, too, chasing birdies around-

771 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2015-01-10 04:45:07)

National Park

-Disturbing the tranquility of the above scene is rapidly approaching sound of heavy footfalls and a spring-like tail hitting the ground along with an electric buzzing and an ever increasing sound of a frantic call...-

Mendel:  Professor Silent!Professor Silent!Professor Silent!Professor Silent!Professor Silent!Professor Silent!

-Mendel comes to a practically screeching halt in front of Silent. Mendel is in his new outfit he received from Ren as thanks for his help with the translator project - a dark orange turtleneck with Rotom plama-teal stitching and a pair of gray pants and a new pair of practical shoes. In Mendel's arms are three THICK binders that bear the PEFE logo. Pearl is floating two similar binders with Psychic. Hertz immediately merges with a device hanging on a belt loop. The device takes an orange and teal color scheme as Hertz's eyes appear on it.  Mendel, while is (surpriseingly) not out of breath, it is clear that he's run more than a fair distance.-

Mendel: Professor Silent! I just finished my report on the translator program Mr. Clavis submitted to us! I wanted to give it to you as soon as possible, but your secretary said you had stepped out...

Pearl: ~In other words, I had to find you psychically before Mendel had an aneurysm waiting for you.~

-It is unclear how much of that statement, if any of it is at all, is overstated.-

National Park

-Maekrite is napping...-

ProfessorSilentProfessorSilentProfessorSilentProfessorSilent

-...napping, while various bugs and small birds around the park suddenly scramble...-

ProfessorSilentProfessorSilentProfessorSilent

-...and napping, though looking somewhat uneasy. Atop the tree, Harriet and Copahue give concerned looks-

ProfessorSilentProfessorSilentProfessorSilentProfessorSilent

-Mendel appears all of a sudden, really, and screeches to a halt...-

ProfessorSilentProfessorSilentProfessorSilentProfessorSilentProfessorSilent

-...prompting Maekrite to snarl as he wakes up and tries to rub his ears on the grass. Harriet, meanwhile, tilts her head quizically and Copahue quickly takes off to check that Shahinne is okay-

Maekrite: <Oh Frith it's him again...> -- yawns.

"Hmmmm? Mendel?" -Silent raises his sight, he can barely distinguish the scientist behind the THICK binders- "...That you?"

-He hears the rest of the quickly given explanation and then takes a careful look up and down the somewhat beaten man. Beaten up by himself, that is-

Harriet♀ -bats a wing: <Uhm, mister, could you be more careful...> -to Hertz -- <Is he... okay?>

-Silent motions Mendel to calm down-

"Well yes I have some studies that I need to run on Maekrite and I needed to prepare mentally, so..." -- looks at the THICK binders -- "...Those the report? Isn't that a bit much?"

Maekrite -to Pearl, shaking his head a bit: <Next time, give us a notice too...>

-Harriet and Maekrite come a bit closer to examine the situation, and Silent motions Mendel to scome in and share the bench-

"Okay, let's see it. Give me the brief first?"

-Somewhat far away, Ichtacya is circling and observing the various little birds that have flown away scared by Mendel, wondering if Shahinne is anywhere in the flocks-

773 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2015-01-10 05:32:16)

-Hertz's voice issues from the device on Mendel's waist.-

Hertz: -to Harriet- He's fine - I think.

-to Pearl- Pearl, can you get Mendel a drink while I help Mendel here?

Pearl: ~Anyone else want something?~

-the Spoink carefully sets the two binders on an occupied bit of bench before using Psychic to grab Mendel's wallet and start hopping towards to find a vending machine as Mendel inhales before starting.-

Mendel: First off, the program by itself works wonderfully. It is ideal for everyday conversation with mon with the highest percentage of error being with Bug, Ghost, and a small number of particular mon lines. However with the help of an external aide - in this case Mendel - the error becomes too small to be adequately measured. Also - and the schematics for this are detailed in the fifth binder starting on page 385 - with some help from a couple guys in the tech department, I was able to make a prototype device specifically for the translator. A Rotom or Porygon, and to a degree psychic-types, can interface with the device and act as the external aide. A camera is in the device for Porygon to "see" what is going on. In my opinion with a few tweaks to the prototype can be manufactured and distributed to all PEFE members and then possible marketed to the public. The binders detail all the data I've gathered with interaction from three test groups including 497 different mon.

Hertz: Mendel really got into it... ^^;;

-Harriet hurriedly hops after Pearl-

Harriet♀: <Uhm, if we could have a drink that would be nice. I don' know how we burds can drink from cans though...>

-Silent sweatdrops visibly after hearing the brief, in particular when precise page numbers are mentioned.

"Okay I guess... I will have to make some time for it."

-At this point Silent and probably Mendel('s mons) might feel Maekrite glaring from besides the bushes.-

"...Not much but I'll make sure it accounts to something."

-and starts examining the documents-

"Hmmm... I can see why erroring on Bug types, but why Ghosts? Did you manage to get any metrics on the probable points of failure? I'm fairly confident phasing-thru can not be a determinant factor, considering the rest of our technology has managed to get it pretty much right since Shedinja..."

"Can we get the translator-specific equipment tested on a Malamar? I would also like to test them on Pokémon with high-thinking social interaction level"

"These schematics are good but did you get any of the technicians to chart the energy transmission requirements too?"

Maekrite -to Hertz: <Yeah I can see... there's some... similarities... Where did you even get this guy?> o.o

-From a short distance Copahue and Shahinne fly after Pearl and Harriet, heading to the vending machine-

Maekrite -takes notice of one of the suggestions: <...High-thought psychic Pokémon?> -- to Hertz -- <Why not Sol? I know she's busy but...>

775 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2015-01-10 13:33:22)

Mendel: -to Silent- More accurately, the Ghastly-line - most likely thanks to there mostly gaseous bodies - and ghost type mon that lack a definite mouth like the Gollett line, members of the Litwick line, and the Honedge line put forth a high number of errors - again, most likely due the nature of their unique biology. Most of these failures with these ghost types seemed to occur due to the microphone unable to properly capture sounds.

-breathes- Every other of the 16 Pokemon types only had a particular line or two that reported errors with a percentage of [detrimental value]. These errors, however, seemed to come from unique dialects, expressions, and idioms rather than sound capture error. It should be noted however, errors raised across the board during times of increased activity - such as during a battle. The reasoning behind these errors are  harder to pinpoint, but from my current data I hypothesize that it's mostly like due sound capture problems.

-pausing to Listen to Silent's questions- As for testing with Malamar, I will ask some technicians to make some specialized equipment for further testing.

-Mendel pauses for a moment- If you mean the energy requirements to run the device, then the tech guys used a rechargeable 9 volt battery pack to power the translator device - it lasts about 50 hours running a t peak capacity.

Hertz: -to Maekrite- I think this is an unusual case - Mendel was asked by one of his idols to do a project after all... Although there was that one time in Marine Biology 106 when he wrote a 100 pages when they were only assigned 20... And who is Sol? I don't think we met her last time.

At the vending machine

-Pearl just got Mendel a Lemonade. then looks at the lengths of Harriet's - particularly Copahue's beaks - then Shahinne's beak.-

Pearl: I obviously didn't think this through. -_-;

-Out loud- <While if we use Cut, Razor Wind, or a similar slicing move, we can cat the tops of the cans of for you three to access the drinks, Mr. Fearow here is going to have the hardest time with that idea unless he has some Pidgey or Pidove genes in him that allow him to suck with his head turned downwards.>