Re: Sandbox Thread: Where plots go to hopefully not Die.

I'm still not really sure what fixing memories would actually entail.

Like, how would it play out IRP? Several posts get linked out of order and the people involved have to go through them and somehow figure out what order things happened in?

77 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-01-18 04:54:40)

How about thinking of the memories as damaged recordings? Where the best way is to repair it is to "re-record it".

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

Or, find parts of the recording and splice them back together in the proper order. Like a game of Who's Line, only pre-recorded.

I'm not sure I'm following you. The wording is making it a bit confusing.

...Who's Line?

Yeah! Scenes from a Hat! Or something like that. We find a "memory place" that is destroyed or is in disarray and the only (important) clue we have left to rebuild them is to "theatre in" the scene somehow, we could use mental!mons as props and assists, etc., all so that the person in question can rebuild the memory of what happened.

(Hey, it's better than the Agents of SHIELD alternative)

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

Sorry, I was tired last night. But Silent pretty much hits the nail on the head.

So… they have to act out a memory… that they can't see… so they can see it?

83 (edited by 0blivion!Dune 2014-01-23 00:44:45)

Maybe they read from a basic "script"? Like, just some screenwriter's notes of the events that the basic conscience has in stock? I'm not sure.

Also, I'm officially putting forth Bracelets v1.1 Bracelets v1.2 to the Sandbox for critique.

I believe the main points from before have been addressed (possible ease of acquisition and abuse,  possible "cheapening of transformations"). For this purpose, I'm officially cutting the Non-Galvanic bracelets due to entities such as Noir, Coyote, and Mew.

Critiques appreciated, and downright requested. If the application process needs to be more stringent, then I'd happily oblige, but I'd at least like it to be easier to get than an armband for those who cannot acquire one due to limited numbers.

84 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-01-23 01:59:43)

How about doing it like the fragmented memories are like torn video film? Then the group must "copy" other PC's memories to edit/ repair the damaged memories?

As for the bracelets, the functionality/ mechanics seem good. However the details of getting approval for one on the meta side of things may need to be a little more concrete. A written proposition perhaps? Anyone else got ideas?

We shall defeat legions of Cipher Peons... by performing an elaborate musical number!

-Pokes the thread, hoping for some feedback if any at all.-

Good, bad, any feedback at all would be nice.

Is sounds goods to me.

<Whatchu lookin at, PUNK?>

The only potential issue with the "copying" idea is that it requires another PC to be involved that remembers the event. So if, say, you want the memory of… I dunno, Pie's house or whatever, there are very few people still around that were there, and you'd need two of them involved with the plot in order for that idea to work out; one whose memory was shattered, and one whose memory can be copied.

I'd like some more feedback on the bracelets before I do anything about them - thus far, Keys has shown great interest in one for Kitsune, but I'm not sure if others would be fine with that.

I don't think you should cut the Non-Galvanic bracelets. They may seem superfluous during those times that Noir and Coyote are active, but they are not alway active, and they should not be. I'd rather have a less supernatural means of doing non-gimmicky transformations.

Not to mention that this way you're definitely getting what you want to be transformed into.

I think I just might keep the NG bracelets - However, right now I have TWO people requesting bracelets. The first was Keys, for Kitsune, while the second is Moon, for Duke. So my urgency to get these into the RP proper is somewhat increased.

Doublepost because of an idea I've had a while back and have been thinking about for a while.

So, the setup - Dune and Deziree are wandering through one of the ruins of the Ranger Region, happy to be back where their forte is, when they find a strange door that doesn't want to open. They deduce that the only way through is for each of them to stand on two mirrored pressure plates. They do so, and the door opens... and two giant, orange and blue bolts of energy shoot down, zapping Dune and Deziree. The two are then pulled straight into one another through some mystical magnetic force, and the room is filled with a blinding light. When the light dies down, rather than two people emerge, one stands up.

Essentially, Dune and Deziree will fuse into a single body. Problem being, the devil's in the details, and I'm having some problems:

1) When would it happen?

2) Where would it happen?

3) How would the two become separate again?

4) What would the door they opened lead to? Would there be treasure, or a long-collapsed tunnel?

5) Would this clash with other plans of the Ranger Regions at the time?

92 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-03-01 01:30:32)

Bracelets

- After seeing coyote being phased out for a bit. I can see NG Bracelets may having niche use down the road. We just have to be careful not to abuse them.

- As for the Bracelet for TenTails, I'm torn as to whether I want Ren or Kitsune to get it. Though I'm leaning more towards Ren getting the bracelet since getting a human character pregnant is just asking for all kinds of trouble in the RP plus the fact that nothing short of pulling a "Pandora Hearts Maneuver" to get the child to 10 or more years old + 9 months required to get them to a playable level is a major turn off. And I know that having both Ren and Kitsune having a bracelet or armband is too unbalanced and basically eliminates almost every obstacle for a cross species pair.

DnD: The Two Made One!

- While my first thought was "It sounds like an awesome idea!", my second thought was "Is the body male or female?" - this needs to be addressed quickly as any sufficiently ancient machine can be explained with "It's Alakagross Tech" or any similarly dead empire.

-Separation is a bit easier - if cliche - Reverse the Polarity! Using Galvani's mad science in conjuction with Dune Archeology skills - DnD decipher some instructions and slap together a device that starts up the machine again, causing it to work in reverse (the main conflict of this idea is just getting the components needed to make the device).

-the Door could lead to a machine that splits a fused personmon back into two peoplemon - how ever it'd be broken.

DnD

Due to chromosomal mathematics, I'd say female. After all, 1 Y chromosome to 3 X chromosome, I'd say the X chromosomes would beat out that lone identifier of masculinity.

94 (edited by Keys2tkingdom 2014-03-01 01:44:36)

Thanks. That removes almost all the unfortunate implications of have a male and female body fused by SCIENCE!. The rest of said implications are more comical in nature and thus, can be exploited.

From the approximately 5 minutes of research I just did (in other words take with a whole shaker of salt) the body would be male and potentially show symptoms of Klinefelter Syndrome.

Klinefelter syndrome or Klinefelter's syndrome is the set of symptoms resulting from additional X genetic material in males.

While the most common karyotype of this is XXY, XXXY does exist.

(I wanted to check on this because intersex is a thing that can happen with chromosonal weirdness :P)

Nyaaa

I'd rather not get into chromosomal weirdness, as that would lead to a whole series of biological complications that I couldn't help but get into because I'm a biology major. :P

Alright so I had an idea for something pertaining to worldbuilding....

Basically I thought it would be cool to try to modernize the story of the movie The Emperor's Groove and have it be a background event in universe. so that small plots could be built around and off of it.

I was thinking that the story would be fairly close to the original, except Kronk being a Pokemon (but I'll get to that in a sec), and having Kusco be transformed into a Mon instead of a llama, of course (and having the potions be ones that transform peoplemons into Pokemon). Instead of an empire, Kuzco could be ruling over a small out-of-the-way country, or maybe even something like being the CEO of a large company called Kuzcorp (or Kuzkorp). Kronk would work well as a Mon since he's already an extreme doormat, and he could just be using the move Psychic to communicate. Unless anyone has any serious objections, I'm going to have Kronk formerly be a Ezma's Mon, and then he'll be released by her and wind up befriending/being captured by RP!Fletcha. And I want to make Kronk a Lapras, mainly because I want a Lapras on RP!Fletcha's team and Kronk best fits that Mon vs all of the other Pokemon RP!Fletcha will catch (Cooking might be a bit harder for him as a Lapras, but he'll manage).

The whole reason for this is to have something from which to form small plots relating and building off this, hence making it a background event. The only one I can really think of right now is having some peoplemon raid Ezma's secret lab, but you guys might come up with other ideas.

And if this is doesn't end up in the RP at all, at the very least RP!Fletcha's next capture is still going to be Kronk as described above.

If anyone has any ideas and/or criticizms at all feel free to post and discuss this of course. The main reason I came up with it was becuase I really like the Emperor's New Groove and thought it would fit well with some of the fun shenanigans of WAAPT.

Hmmm... I'm mostly not sure of having yet another means to transform humans into Pokémon, to be fair. In particular because unlike divine artifacts such as the Armbands, potions are a procedure and thus easily replicable.

Thou hast forgotten the face of thy Lord. Remember, mortal, and fear pet me.

B-but... Lapras don't have arms to pull levers with! D:

So there's a plot I really want to do, but I have a number of concerns about it.

Basically, it would be Crewe trying to expand the Rayquaza Corps by including people in it, and traveling from city to city campaigning to have people join up. I want to do it because a) it's pretty much exactly what Crewe would do, given the opportunity, b) it gives her an excuse to travel around with the team whilst keeping up with her obligations to the Corps, and c) I think it would be fun to write Crewe trying to be a public figure whilst continuing to hide her whole Sneanel-Thing and also being the derp that she often is.

Before I do anything, though, I want to put it out there for discussion, because:

1) Making the Rayquaza Corps an organization among humans has the potential to change the fabric of the RP. That's a dramatic way of putting it, but I can't come up with a better way to phrase it ATM. Personally I think it would open up opportunities for fun and interesting new characters, plots, and world-building, (idealistic new recruits! protests over capturing laws within the Corps!) but I'm hesitant to do anything so widespread without the consent of at least a majority of the player base, or over strong objections.

2) This is really not something I can do, or want to do, on my own. This idea would require a whole number of important NPCs, and I very much strongly do not want to write all of them. That way leads burnout. Likewise, I don't want to press people into service and have them write for characters they don't care about and drop. So, again, I don't want to do anything without at least some measure of enthusiasm from some people.