Headcanon Thread: The Second

For stuff not covered in the other areas. See also the corresponding section in the old forum.
rmctagg09
Your WAAPT character: Tagg
Pronouns: he/him, fine with they/them

Headcanon Thread: The Second

Post by rmctagg09 »

(Based on the original thread here, which was based on this original meme)

Think of it as a WAAPT community-specific post board for the headcanon meme. You put a symbol and the name of a character (Whether yours or others) and then the next person(s) to reply in the thread will give you a symbol-related headcanon about the character, rinse and repeat.

Feel free to answer as many or as little as you wish, but whatever you don't answer gets carried along to the next list.

The author of a given character is free to confirm or joss a given HC at their leisure, and commentary on a given answer in general is always allowed.

It's basically "how other people see characters".

Characters can be from WAAPT proper, WAAPT-adjacent stories such as the WAAPT-canon version of Heroes After All and Northern Shadow, or other personal creations of a given member if they're willing to allow it. (If they're not a WAAPT character be sure to denote their story of origin)

Original Symbols:
☾ - sleep headcanon

★ - sad headcanon

☆ - happy headcanon

☠ - angry/violent headcanon

✿ - Sex headcanon (Please avoid being too explicit)

■ - Bedroom/house/living quarters headcanon

♡ - romantic headcanon

♥ - family headcanon

☮ - friendship headcanon

♦ - quirks/hobbies headcanon

☯ - likes/dislikes headcanon

▼ - childhood headcanon

∇ -. old age/aging headcanon

♒ - cooking/food headcanon

☼ - appearance headcanon

ൠ - random headcanon

◉ - Any other question of your choosing
WAAPT-Specific Additions:

☁ - fandom interpretation headcanon (How the J-Team fanbase perceives the character)
♫ - image song / theme song headcanon
🎭- Faceclaim / headcanon voice actor
The format

Pretty much works like a ask-and-answer box. Ideally, link to the post you are replying to, or start the post with the name of the player you are replying to, to make both indexing and keeping track of things easier.

Useful links:

* List of WAAPT Characters (Non-exhaustive)

* WAAPT TV Tropes Character Index (Non-exhaustive)

And as the first inaugural examples:

▼ - Nicky
☠ - Abe
★ - Chloe
☾ - New Century!Ruthenium
☯ - Chiyo
♥ - Beremices
ൠ - Freshman!Iridium
Testing this forum.
Goldenheart388

Re: Headcanon Thread: The Second

Post by Goldenheart388 »

Tagg-
▼ - Nicky- Absolutely no clue here, as I'm not familiar with the character.
☠ - Abe- When particularly angered, Abe will use his telekinesis to bonk someone on the head with his own wheelchair.
★ - Chloe- Chloe dyes her hair black and gets rid of her minifro when sad.
☾ - New Century!Ruthenium- New Century!Ruthenium sleeps for approximately 12 hours a day.
☯ - Chiyo- Chiyo, despite her love of astronomy, hates astrology and believes it to be nothing more than a fake fad and a complete waste of actual astronomical constellations.
♥ - Beremices- The Beremices' family name is Comouse. In terms of their actual family dynamics/personalities, they're akin to the Heelers and their names are Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and... Coma.
ൠ - Freshman!Iridium- Freshman!Iridium's HCV is Michaela Dietz.

My list, for both my own characters and other people's:

☯- Eurypedis
♦- Acolyte
☠- Led
☆- Nautilu
☁- Kim
♫ - Pippy
ൠ- Ananpi
▼ - Nicky
JG-says-things-and-stuff

Post by JG-says-things-and-stuff »

☁ - Fans have ran with Kim being a philologist and think she has strong (like "I will throw hands with you") opinions on Whorfianism (https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ling ... anism.html) and the show has it that her character is basically an author tract for someone with equally strong opinions. This is grounded in reality, but the show Kim's opinions are opposite of Kim's IRL.
☯ - Eurypedis dislikes the Samurai as a social class, cannot for the next life of him understand why they are beloved in pop culture, and finds their calling their helmets after his species mildly insulting. This has complicated his interactions with Katsuragi, who was a member of that class in his lifetime.
♦ - Acolyte likes collecting random shiny objects and has amassed a small museum's worth of curios of varying value. Nightingale frequently employs him to find lost shiny objects for little kids.
☆ - Nautilu loves 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and enjoys RPing in Hasslemon fora as Captain Nemo.
♫ - Pippi loves Boogie Wonderland. That it was featured in [Happy Feet] is purely coincidental and he loathes whenever peoplemons bring it up.
ൠ - Ananpi, upon meeting Tommy and his arthropods, not only figured out the whole superhero thing ("I have never seen someone exude so much Peter Parker energy in my life") but also chastised Tommy for themeing himself after a Spinarak, to which Drake is occasionally wont to agree.
▼ - Nicky was a natural loner as a kid and is still considered thus by herself and Kendra. She still has this residual need for alone time and Kendra respects her need for space when it happens. Naturally, seldom do people find out about this as Kendra and Nicky are seldom seen apart (Chiyo finds out comically late into their relationship).

---

And now for my characters and a few others:

♥ - Priscilla
ൠ - Tommy
☮ - Drake
♦ - Aunt April
☠ - Led
♡ - Gimbal
☯ - Joseph Knight/Xerox
★ - Freshman Neon
☆ - Shutter
♫ - Nick
rmctagg09

Post by rmctagg09 »

Goldenheart388 wrote: 2023-Oct-19 05:33 ☠ - Abe- When particularly angered, Abe will use his telekinesis to bonk someone on the head with his own wheelchair.
Jossed, it's his main mobility aid so he wouldn't dare risk damage to it by using it as a weapon. (While Abe can lift himself using his own telekinesis it's not something he likes to do for long)

If anything, if Abe was angry enough to use his powers on someone, it would be to hold them in place with his Kung Fu Telekinetic Grip™️ that few could release themselves from.
★ - Chloe- Chloe dyes her hair black and gets rid of her minifro when sad.
Jossing the dye, but I could see her shaving it off if she's in such a sad state it gets matted from lack of maintenance and she's lacking a satin cap.
☾ - New Century!Ruthenium- New Century!Ruthenium sleeps for approximately 12 hours a day.
As a result of spending hours underground at a time Ruthenium does have rather irregular sleeping hours so it's probably happened before.
☯ - Chiyo- Chiyo, despite her love of astronomy, hates astrology and believes it to be nothing more than a fake fad and a complete waste of actual astronomical constellations.
She's more neutral about it most of the time, but that would come out if she met someone who seriously believes all about someone can be derived solely by their zodiac sign and what stars were visible when they were born instead of as just some fun thing.

(Also when basically everyone in your Batch was a Capricorn or maybe an Aquarius it sucks the fun out of it)
♥ - Beremices- The Beremices' family name is Comouse. In terms of their actual family dynamics/personalities, they're akin to the Heelers and their names are Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and... Coma.
Jossed, like most mons they don't have family names, and while I haven't gone that much into the family dynamics of A through D, it's a bit more... alien in my eyes than the Heelers. (Like for instance, while A and B are the very same mons Chiyo met in the Battle Zone, whether C and D are the same mons is a lot more... nebulous)
ൠ - Freshman!Iridium- Freshman!Iridium's HCV is Michaela Dietz.
Jossed, while I don't really think that much about who'd voice my characters, if I did give her one it'd be a Black voice actress, which Micheala Dietz isn't.
JG-says-things-and-stuff wrote: 2023-Oct-20 10:19 ▼ - Nicky was a natural loner as a kid and is still considered thus by herself and Kendra. She still has this residual need for alone time and Kendra respects her need for space when it happens. Naturally, seldom do people find out about this as Kendra and Nicky are seldom seen apart (Chiyo finds out comically late into their relationship).
When you have the ability to see what most others cannot (Nicky and the rifts, and the places within the rifts), it means you're pretty quickly denoted the "weird kid", and that's what Nicky was for a good portion of her life. (It's why she's very compassionate towards other odd people, like those who were formed in a vat) She is someone I feel probably does have moments where she prefers solitude even if it's not obvious, but it's fine if Kendra and Chiyo (Who has similar moods) are vibing near her.
And now to answer some myself:

♥ - Priscilla isn't sure if she'd want a hypothetical kid following along in her superheroine footsteps in anything more than possibly a support capacity, at least before they're no longer a minor.

ൠ - Tommy has to be careful to make sure the Arachna-Guy outfit doesn't chafe.

☮ - Drake is friends with Charger for electric feeding purposes.

♦ - Aunt April likes collecting odd vases.

☠ - Led is willing to try biting if punching doesn't work. You would not want her to bite you.

♡ - Gimbal hasn't been interested in romance since dying and reviving, but wouldn't be against it if the right person came along. (They have not come along yet)

☯ - Joseph Knight/Xerox dislikes hot foods because they're too close to Fire-type moves.

★ - Freshman Neon is deep down pretty envious towards those who've managed to leave the School.

☆ - Shutter looks fondly at the memory of getting his first childhood camera as one of the happiest moments of his life.

So adding to the list, both my characters and others:

♫ - Nick
▼ - Marcia
ൠ - Zee
♒ - Louise
♦ - Aislinn
☾ - Channah
■ - Boron
☯ - Boll
☮ - Kendra
Testing this forum.
Goldenheart388

Post by Goldenheart388 »

Answering all of the headcanons for my characters:
JG-says-things-and-stuff wrote: 2023-Oct-20 10:19 ☁ - Fans have ran with Kim being a philologist and think she has strong (like "I will throw hands with you") opinions on Whorfianism (https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/ling ... anism.html) and the show has it that her character is basically an author tract for someone with equally strong opinions. This is grounded in reality, but the show Kim's opinions are opposite of Kim's IRL.
...partially jossed. While the fans have run with the idea of Kim being a philologist, they don't know a dang thing about Whorfianism. The J-Show actually portrays her-- and her mons, for that matter-- fairly accurately.
JG-says-things-and-stuff wrote: 2023-Oct-20 10:19 ☯ - Eurypedis dislikes the Samurai as a social class, cannot for the next life of him understand why they are beloved in pop culture, and finds their calling their helmets after his species mildly insulting. This has complicated his interactions with Katsuragi, who was a member of that class in his lifetime.
Jossing the part about Eurypedis disliking the samurai as a social class. Eurypedis knows full well what a samurai is (he has omenedRonin (OR) as his Hasslemon handle and his quirk /ncorporates samura/ swords), and is actually fairly proud of his samurai combat skills. However, I will confirm the part about him not understanding why Samurai are so beloved in pop culture. If anything, if he was to see samurai things on the screen, he'd be somewhat traumatized by it, especially considering his past where he was forced to train up his skills to avenge his parents. It makes him slightly uncomfortable. Jossing the part about him being insulted by the idea of Kabuto helmets-- he'd be moreso confused as to why Kabuto helmets don't actually resemble Kabuto in the first place and would insist that they be referred to as Kailios helmets instead. He has also never interacted with Katsuragi-- not even in his past life.
JG-says-things-and-stuff wrote: 2023-Oct-20 10:19 ☆ - Nautilu loves 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and enjoys RPing in Hasslemon fora as Captain Nemo.

Confirming the part about Nautilu loving 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea-- it is in fact one of his favorite books of all time along with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy-- but jossing the part about him RPing as Captain Nemo in Hasslemon-based fora. He does not do that.
JG-says-things-and-stuff wrote: 2023-Oct-20 10:19 ൠ - Ananpi, upon meeting Tommy and his arthropods, not only figured out the whole superhero thing ("I have never seen someone exude so much Peter Parker energy in my life") but also chastised Tommy for themeing himself after a Spinarak, to which Drake is occasionally wont to agree.

I... don't remember if Ananpi's ever met Tommy, but I don't think he ever has. That being said, though, if they were to meet, OH YES he would absolutely do this. He would decidedly lightly chastise Tommy for theming himself after a Spinarak (as previous interactions have shown he will defend his fellow species to basically the end of time even if they do do something wrong-- or something that other mons percieve as such *COUGH COUGH* DC *COUGH COUGH*), and while it would be less "he figured it out" and more "he already knows because he can break through the fourth, fifth, X amount of walls and see anything from WAAPT's past and present, but he wouldn't dare reveal that he already knows to anyone-- including and most especially his audience because he knows there will be newbies reading and he doesn't want to spoil", he'd know. Oh, he would know. He'd "figure it out" and play along, yes, but Tommy's secret is already 100% safe with Ananpi, chuu~!

And now for the headcanon list:

♫ - Nick- "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen.
▼ - Marcia- Don't know much about this character and thus cannot answer.
ൠ - Zee- Zee is secretly a Silly Cobra fan and her favorite skit is the Lumberjack Song. She will absolutely not admit it under any circumstances.
♒ - Louise- Don't know much about this character and thus cannot answer.
♦ - Aislinn- Don't know much about this character and thus cannot answer.
☾ - Channah- Channah does not sleep much. If she ever does get sleep, it is only for about 3 hours.
■ - Boron- Do not know much about this character and thus cannot respond.
☯ - Boll- Boll is a giant fan of children's shows.
☮ - Kendra- Do not know much about this character and thus cannot answer.

And now, to add to the list, this time all with other people's characters:

▼ - Marcia
♒ - Louise
♦ - Aislinn
■ - Boron
☮ - Kendra
▼ - Julius (as in Barrett, i.e. Rever, i.e. Kendall's Stoutland)
ൠ - Kendall's Xatu
♫ - Sal
🎭- Thespi
JG-says-things-and-stuff

♥ - Priscilla isn't sure if she'd want a hypothetical kid following along in her superheroine footsteps in anything more than possibly a support capacity, at least before they're no longer a minor.
Canon. Priscilla hasn't considered getting kids yet, but the idea that she won't be getting hero own Damian Wayne or Morgan Stark involved until they're at least their teens is definitely canon. Indeed, she might've been put off from the idea of having kids while she was still an active superhero as an extension of her constant worrying about her enemies going after the people she loves.
ൠ - Tommy has to be careful to make sure the Arachna-Guy outfit doesn't chafe.
Invoked, as the case may be, and to a certain extent confirmed. While his hoodie ninja outfit was baggy enough not to chafe or ride up, his transition to form-fitting tights has him worried about chafing and while Silas has presumably taken precautions for it, he's taken at least some extra countermeasures to prevent it further.
☮ - Drake is friends with Charger for electric feeding purposes.
Confirmed. They sometimes go on wacky adventures to look for sources of electricity.
♦ - Aunt April likes collecting odd vases.
Was once canon, but I'm leaving it to the imagination as to whether it was Sara and Tommy or an extra hyper Miley (or both) who was responsible for breaking too many of them that she stopped.
♡ - Gimbal hasn't been interested in romance since dying and reviving, but wouldn't be against it if the right person came along. (They have not come along yet)
Canon. As far as Gimbal is concerned so far, her true love died and remained dead, and she's very skeptical about the possibility of having a second one. Though given that this second lover will not be human, she's at least open to it happening as such a romance would be it's own brand of special.
☯ - Joseph Knight/Xerox dislikes hot foods because they're too close to Fire-type moves.
I'm going to go ahead and say this is in reverse. Fire-type moves being a vulnerability of his makes him feel vindicated of his feelings.
★ - Freshman Neon is deep down pretty envious towards those who've managed to leave the School.
Canon.
☆ - Shutter looks fondly at the memory of getting his first childhood camera as one of the happiest moments of his life.
And that camera was Lucille.
♫ - Nick- "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen.
Canon.

And now for headcanons

♫ - Sal - Don'tcha by the Pussycat Dolls. I got the idea from a scene from Alvin and the Chipmunks.

☮ - Kendra - She, Abe, and Stewart like to organize bad movie night for the fallers, which she takes the lead in riffing a la Mystery Science Theater 3000.

ൠ - Kendall's Xatu - is trusted enough to go on store runs using Kendall's credit card. Has only abused this privilege once.

♦ - Aislinn: She likes watching (and sometimes hate-watching) those home improvement shows and often has strong opinions on various things ranging from the specific (e.g. the choice of stone used in countertops) to the more premise-base ("again with the bland colored interiors!")

♒ - Louise - in contrast to her cold sniper persona, she cooks food more associated with happiness and good spirits and has a preference for the piquant. She prefers spicy yet strangely delicious versions of comfort foods, often substituting Kantonian Rapidash milk for moomoo milk or other dairy in recipes that call for it.

---

And now for the headcanon list

♦ - Malacostra
ൠ - Murphy (Priscilla's PEFEgon)
🎭 - Gaspard Macraul
▼ - Lowell Macraul
☯ - Jonathan (alive)
▼ - Marcia
■ - Boron
▼ - Julius (as in Barrett, i.e. Rever, i.e. Kendall's Stoutland)
🎭- Thespi
AbsentCoder
Your WAAPT character: Kendall, Kamui
Pronouns: He/him, it/its

Post by AbsentCoder »

ൠ - Kendall's Xatu - is trusted enough to go on store runs using Kendall's credit card. Has only abused this privilege once.
Jossed - Kendall doesn't even have a credit card; just a debit card. And even then, while Kendall does trust Xatu, Xatu doesn't believe it to be worthwhile because if he wants to shop for what he wants (read, what he needs) he has to turn human and that's a headache and a half.
▼ - Julius
Childhood Headcanon [Note: I am the author for this character] - Julius and Helmsman knew each other before Kendall started his journey. From time to time, when Kendall was bedridden with the migraines from Helmsman throwing his scalchop at his head, he’d run off into to the forest. He and Julius crashed into each other one day and got along like a house on fire after Helmsman fought off the Patrat the Normal-type had inadvertently ticked off while on the hunt.

Remaining Headcanons:

♦ - Malacostra
ൠ - Murphy (Priscilla's PEFEgon)
🎭 - Gaspard Macraul
▼ - Lowell Macraul
☯ - Jonathan (alive)
▼ - Marcia
■ - Boron
🎭- Thespi
My Additions:
☯ - Ever
☆ - Muninn
☠ - Kamui
Last edited by AbsentCoder on 2023-Oct-23 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
rmctagg09

Post by rmctagg09 »

Goldenheart388 wrote: 2023-Oct-21 06:13 ൠ - Zee- Zee is secretly a Silly Cobra fan and her favorite skit is the Lumberjack Song. She will absolutely not admit it under any circumstances.
She is but her favorite skit is actually Look On the Bright Side of Life. (Chloe did once do the Lumberjack Song to troll her on one visit)

Of course, she doesn't really own a TV so she only watches it when she does her monthly or so trip over to the village and bothers to go to a house with a working TV.
☯ - Boll- Boll is a giant fan of children's shows.
He probably likes a couple (Though he and Chloe don't really watch TV a lot, save for when they're freeloading hanging out at Abe's), but he's not what I'd consider a fan of them in the same sense that Chiyo is.
JG-says-things-and-stuff wrote: 2023-Oct-22 21:44 ☮ - Kendra - She, Abe, and Stewart like to organize bad movie night for the fallers, which she takes the lead in riffing a la Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Confirmed, though probably a fairly recent thing since she and Nicky hadn't actually met Abe (or the rest of Chiyo's Batchmates for that matter) until they went to Alola for Chiyo's Melemele Trials earlier this year.
♒ - Louise - in contrast to her cold sniper persona, she cooks food more associated with happiness and good spirits and has a preference for the piquant. She prefers spicy yet strangely delicious versions of comfort foods, often substituting Kantonian Rapidash milk for moomoo milk or other dairy in recipes that call for it.
Confirmed, for all the grief she gives Boron for her cooking choices, she's got some odd food quirks of her own.

As for prompts:

♦ - Malacostra will, if asked, vehemently deny that she is a crustacean mon furry.

ൠ - Murphy once DDoSed a -chan site on Priscilla's behalf.

🎭 - Gaspard Macraul is voiced by Ben Diskin (Using his Delightful Children from Down the Lane voice)

▼ - Lowell Macraul wanted one of those IBM punch card machines as a birthday present.

☯ - Jonathan is a big fan of sentai shows.

☯ - Since being forced to face their issues with emotional detachment, Ever's been more into sunny weather.

☆ - Muninn likes how his (not so) new Mimikyu body allows him to get into smaller places.

☠ - Kamui sometimes wishes she had Flame Body so that she could burn people who touch her without permission without needing to use a move first.

List:

☮ - Ceres
♡ - Maurice the Acceptable
☠ - Trill
ൠ - Ammit
♦ - Dactyl
★ - Zee
▼ - Marcia
■ - Boron
🎭- Thespi
Testing this forum.
Goldenheart388

Post by Goldenheart388 »

☮ - Ceres- Ceres is best friends with Pisaster on account of them having a similar star shape. They both enjoy going stargazing together.
♡ - Maurice the Acceptable- Maurice's crush on Chiyo remains even after their one-night stand.
☠ - Trill- I know absolutely nothing about this character and thus cannot answer.
ൠ - Ammit- Ammit enjoys Disney movies.
♦ - Dactyl- I don't know much about this character and thus cannot answer.

List of headcanons:
★ - Zee
▼ - Marcia
■ - Boron
🎭- Thespi
☁- 9-Volt
☆- Stipax
ൠ- Cuddles
☯- Warner (Kendall's Staraptor)
☠ - Trill
♦ - Dactyl
etran12

Post by etran12 »

★ - Zee: The first time Zee's plant growth power activated, she found herself trapped in plants for a scarily long time

▼ - Marcia: I know nothing about this character and can't contribute

■ - Boron: I know nothing about this character and can't contribute

🎭- Thespi: I know nothing about this character and can't contribute

☁- 9-Volt: Due to 9-Volt's energetic and excitable nature, the fandom has an ironic meme where he's a memetic sociopath.

☆- Stipax: Stipax notably actually enjoys the Jurassic Park sequels, finding joy from them despite their divisive reception.

ൠ- Cuddles: Cuddles' love of hugs has created a rivalry between him and a Bewear over 'who gives the warmer hugs'

☯- Warner (Kendall's Staraptor): I know nothing about this character and can't contribute

☠ - Trill: I know nothing about this character and can't contribute

♦ - Dactyl: Dactyl will use her barriers to play a game of Pong with the balls and two barriers.

List of Headcanons

☆ - Atrin
☮ - Mimir
☯ - Orchard
ൠ - Ecto
★- Fleurir
▼ - Marcia
■ - Boron
🎭- Thespi
☠ - Trill
JG-says-things-and-stuff

☆ - Atrin: His grandma gave him a knit hat and he cherishes it a lot. As a kid, he pretended that it gave him powers and he still sometimes believes that the hat, while mundane, is lucky in a superstitious way.

☯ - Orchard: Orchard has heard of Apple-A-Day and loves the idea of one of her species being used as a superhero theme.

ൠ - Ecto: Before he was captured, Ecto had a minor reputation among the local humans for foiling all sorts of supervillain activities on both sides simply by trying to befriend the villains, heroes, or law enforcement involved and then unwittingly draining their life force until they fall unconscious. The local heroes think he's at best a volatile ally, while the villains are more divided. Some hate his guts and shoo him away, while others use him as a weapon and try to sic him on anyone trying to stop them.

★- Fleurir: - Her first experience with death took her a while to process and still haunts her. She remembers one of her grandparents falling ill, being put on a truck, and only later being told that the grandparent died by the rest of her herd.

▼ - Marcia: She traveled a lot in her youth and had many whirlwind romances and more platonic partnerships that never got anywhere. She legit came to care for a lot of them (which is why she never married; she feared what the School might do to them). She may still be friends with a few she reconnected with now that she's old.

■ - Boron: She took to decorating well as one of her first "normal human" activity. She turned her room in the Stormchaser into a space that rivals a furniture showroom or [HGTV] house, with the bathroom looking even more well appointed (nice fixtures + decorations) due to her spending slightly more time there than she anticipated. How she could afford it or keep everything clean (let alone photogenic) she never discloses.

Dunno what I can give for these characters:
☮ - Mimir
🎭- Thespi
☠ - Trill

A few of my own:

♡ - Jane Stacy
♥ - Captain Ditkovic
■ - Flash
ൠ - Upton
♒ - Dave Riley
☮ - Stewart