Re: Herbert40k's Wrap-Up Thread

Pueltown Hospital

Crewe: Yeah, uh, this is Blitz. Blitz, this is... Titan. You can come in. He won't hurt you.

-she smiles-

Crewe: Thanks. Between you and Tagg, this place isn't nearly as terrible as it could be.

352 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-25 01:40:51)

Pueltown Hospital - 24/8/14

-Titan slowly gets to his feet as he addresses Blitz, his expression returning to its usual impassive scowl.-

Titan: No need to allow my presence to deter you. I was just about to leave in any case. Even if I was not, I suspect that Crewe would benefit from company of a lighter disposition than I.

-He looks down at Crewe again.-

Titan: Farewell for now, Crewe. I sincerely hope that our next meeting takes place in a more innocuous locale than another hospital. And please, don't hesitate to contact me if such a situation arises again. As you said, I ought to make an effort to help you help yourself.

353 (edited by BlitzTrain 2014-08-25 01:46:10)

Pueltown Hospital

Blitz:  "Uh, it's no problem.  I mean, there's no reason you shouldn't be here, right?"

-He approaches Crewe's bed, and Titan.  Trying to keep from being too nervous as he reaches into his bag and pulls out an open box-  Relax, just, relax.  You don't know him, he doesn't know you....  Just keep that in mind

Blitz:  "...Want a doughnut?"

Pueltown Hospital

-Crewe squeezes Titan's arm briefly before letting go-

Crewe: Right... bye, Titan. I'll see you around. Think about what I said, okay? And at least try to get some rest.

-she smiles at Blitz again and plucks a glazed doughnut from the box-

Crewe: Do I ever. Thanks, ninja.

Pueltown Hospital - 24/8/14

-Titan nods at Crewe.-

Titan: I will. Thank you.

-He turns back to Blitz, his eyebrow raising almost imperceptibly at the word "ninja".-

Titan: ...There are several reasons, in fact. But I see no reason to bore you with them - especially given that my presence here is clearly unnerving you. Good day to you both.

-He pulls his hood up and slinks out of the room, the door closing behind him.-

356 (edited by BlitzTrain 2014-08-25 01:58:29)

Pueltown Hospital

-Blitz smiles slightly, though it falters for a moment at the word "ninja"-

Blitz:  "Any time Crewe"

-He turns to Titan, trying to keep up a somewhat cheerful face-

Blitz:  "Sorry, I guess hospitals just kinda bug me...  Have a good day then"

Pueltown Hospital

-Crewe watches Titan go-

Crewe: ... So I guess you want an explanation, huh?

Pueltown - 25/08/14

Late in the evening, Shingeko is simply sitting on one of the roofs and watching the city, the Squad being nearby looking around for stuff.

359 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-25 23:33:42)

Neo-Galactic HQ, Almia - 25/8/14

-Titan is sat at his desk in his office, still pale and looking rather thoughtful, when a turquoise-haired scientist accompanied by a Shadow Golduck enters the room and drops a stack of reports on his desk.-

Io: Good news at last, sir. After months of research, we've finally reached the last stage of development in our current assignment - no thanks to the rest of the team, of course. We've taken to calling it "the Ascension Project". It should be ready for deployment in just a few more weeks.

Titan: ...I see. (Everything I've strived for over these last few years may finally be within my grasp... but I can't allow this to continue. Not anymore.)

-He pushes the report away.-

Titan: Unfortunately, I've elected to cancel the project. You are to discontinue your work on it immediately and remain on standby until you receive your next assignment.

Io: What?

Titan: This project has taken far longer than necessary to reach completion. It is a gross waste of time and resources and I see no reason to subsidise such inefficiency for any longer.

-Io frowns, seemingly pausing to think for several moments before coming to some sort of conclusion.-

Io: ...Ah, I see what's going on here. You're getting sentimental in your old age. Thinking that maybe there's still time to back out in spite of how far we've come already.

-Titan's brow furrows as a scowl crosses his face.-

Titan: Watch your tongue, Commmander. I have no patience for insubordination.

Io: So you like to keep saying. What are you going to do about it, though? Have me shot? That'd be a waste of a scientist and a bullet. Or at least, that's how you'd justify it to yourself.

Titan: If that attitude persists, you may find that whatever qualms I may have about such an act will soon disappear. I am your superior, and I am ordering you to-

Io: Really? You think you're still the one giving the orders around here?

-A contorted grin begins to form on her scarred face.-

Io: I hate to disappoint, but you can't fill middle management with people that have every reason to despise you and expect unswerving loyalty from the whole organisation. I didn't sign up to help you make your "perfect world", I joined out of pure self-interest, and I'm hardly the only one. The Grunts get their orders from me, or Allen, or Mammor. Not you. To them, you're nothing more than a figurehead. One that's starting to show signs of decay. They're only in this to take what they can get before your entire scheme crumbles and you-

Titan: Enough of this!

-He surges to his feet and lunges at Io, hands reaching for her neck. There is a flash of claws and he is sent staggering backwards, clutching his face. Io's Golduck backs away, its webbed hands dripping with blood.-

Io: Look at you. Your reflexes are as dull as your speeches. Is it any wonder that an organisation of hardened criminals has trouble taking a weak old man like you seriously?

Titan: ...My Excubitors are still loyal to me. They will-

Io: Are they? They're not going to be happy when they learn exactly how soft you've become, you know. Mollycoddling the superheroes isn't going to go down well with them. And you'd do well to remember who provided them with their equipment, training and Pokemon, because it certainly wasn't all your doing. If I were to take an educated guess, I'd say that maybe half of them would be more inclined to side with the Admins over you. Still like those odds?

-Titan remains silent. Judging by her grimace of a grin, it's all the answer Io needs.-

Io: Didn't think so. Maybe now you realise that the real power in Neo-Galactic belongs to the Admins. One of us gets to be the butch, and one of us gets to be the bitch, bitch.

-She emphasises the last word of her sentence by slamming her fist on the desk.-

Io: So let's come to an agreement. You keep giving me the resources and test subjects I need to keep the Ascension Project running, and in return I keep pretending that you're still the one in charge around here. Understand?

-There is silence for several moments. Eventually, Titan gives the faintest of nods as he lowers himself back into his chair.-

Io: Good. I'm glad we got that straightened out. I'll go contact the medical staff and let them know that you cut yourself shaving. Wouldn't want you to lose face in front of the whole organisation, now would we?

-She laughs and turns to stride out of the office, leaving Titan to tend to his wounds.-

Pueltown - 25/8/14

-Shingeko or one of his mons may notice movement on a nearby rooftop.-

Pueltown - 25/8/14

Shingeko hears the noise and looks for the source.

Pueltown - 25/8/14

-The source of the movement does indeed materialise - however, it doesn't do so within Shingeko's field of vision. Instead, a figure in a fully-sealed Neo-Galactic uniform appears behind him with a blip and swings at the back of his head with a stun baton as their Gardevoir targets the Greninja Squad with a Dazzling Gleam.-

Excubitor: ...

362 (edited by FullMoon 2014-08-25 23:55:54)

Pueltown - 25/8/14

Hearing the sound of teleportation, Shingeko instinctively moves out of the way and looks at his assailant

"I guess it's about time one of you guys showed up..." said Shingeko, looking at his uniform "Darts won't work, smoke bombs and flashbangs aren't likely to work very well, that leaves me with my trusted sticky bombs...

In the meantime, two of the Squad, namely Sub-Zero and Ryu, end up being blasted by the Dazzling Gleam and caught off-guard and taking high damage. The Gardevoir might soon find itself being attacked by a Steel type Hidden Power and soon after it Sensei would show up behind her to strike with a Shadow Sneak.

"<What's going on here?!>" said Teishi, now looking as if he was made of steel.

363 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-26 00:16:01)

Pueltown - 25/8/14

-The Gardevoir blips away again to avoid Sensei and Teishi's attacks, reappearing on a nearby rooftop. A Gallade blips in behind Teishi to replace her, aiming a Low Sweep at the Greninja's back. The Excubitor accompanying the Gallade targets Ryu with their stun baton, hoping to incapacitate the ninja frog with a sudden surge of electricity.-

-Meanwhile, the Excubitor battling Shingeko pulls what appears to be a grenade off of their belt and hurls it at Shingeko's feet. A viscous glue-like substance explodes outwards, covering anything nearby and leaving it stuck to the floor.-

Pueltown - 25/8/14

"Oh you copycats." said Shingeko as he notices that he's stuck on the ground.

Teishi quickly becomes a Ghost-type with the help of Shadow Sneak and takes the opportunity to strike the Gallade with the attack. Sensei takes his time to fire a Water Pulse on the goo to free Shingeko. Ryu quickly uses Substitute to leave a doll to be tazed while he disappears from view, Sub-Zero takes the opportunity to an Ice Beam at the Excubitor's feet.

"Guys, we're retreating!"said Shingeko

He then jumps off the roof, the three ninjas following, Ryu still being out of view.

365 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-26 00:37:04)

Pueltown - 25/8/14

-The Gallade recoils after being struck by Teishi's Shadow Sneak, suffering moderate damage, and takes the time to shatter the ice encasing his Excubitor's feet with a Brick Break before both Excubitors and Pokemon disappear with a blip. They reappear in the alley Shingeko jumped down into, each pair blocking off one of the exits to the street.-

-The Gardevoir fires a Magical Leaf down the narrow alleyway whilst the Gallade sets up a Trick Room to slow Shingeko and the Squad down.-

Pueltown - 25/8/14

"This is... Bad." said Shingeko as the dimensions around him were twisted by the Trick Room

Fortunately Teishi was quick enough to set a protect in front of Shingeko to block the Magical Leaf and protect everyone due to the narrow space.

It's at this point that a certain artist unwittingly walks by the alley and ends up noticing one of the Excubitors in front of her.

"Now I know why you guys gave the Auric Avenger so much trouble." said Shingeko, looking around, unsure of what to do.

Sensei and Sub-Zero then fire a Scald at the Gallade.

367 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-26 00:52:19)

Pueltown - 25/8/14

-Instinctively, the Gallade throws up a Protect of his own to block Sensei and Sub-Zero's attacks. The Excubitor next to him briefly glances back at the artist behind them before deciding to focus on the more immediate threat and charging at Shingeko with their stun baton.-

-On the other side of the alley, the Gardevoir unleashes a Moonblast upon Sub-Zero as her Excubitor hurls a flashbang into the mist of the Greninja Squad.-

368 (edited by FullMoon 2014-08-26 01:03:00)

Pueltown - 25/8/14

The flashbang forces the Squad to close their eyes and leaves Sub-Zero wide open for the Moonblast, which hits him and knocks him out as the two Fairy moves were too much for him to handle. Ryu finally shows up on a roof and quickly fires an Ice Beam at the charging Excubitor in order to prevent him from getting to Shingeko, who quickly takes a sticky bomb and throws it at the Excubitor and his Gardevoir, aiming to force them out of the way.

Seeing all the chaos, Aline couldn't help but dash straight at the action, wanting to help and completely forgetting about the Gallade right in front of her.

"What are you doing?! Are you stupid?!" said Divoom, telepathically, as he flew out from under Aline's hat.

Pueltown - 25/8/14

-Dodging the sticky bomb causes the Excubitor to run right into the path of Ryu's Ice Beam, resulting in them getting pinned in place once again. They start shattering the ice around their feet with their stun baton as the Gardevoir simply blips out of the way of the sticky bomb and reappears a few paces back, using Dazzling Gleam once again in an attempt to catch Teishi and Sensei with the attack.-

-Upon noticing Aline's attempt to force her way past, the Gallade whirls around and strikes her across the chest with a Psycho Cut.-

Pueltown - 25/8/14

Aline ends up being hit by the Gallade's attack, resulting in a nasty cut arond her chest, Divoom instantly retaliates with an Air Slash

"<Hey! Leave the dumb girl alone!>" said Divoom, his eyes flaming with rage.

Shingeko also noticed the commotion happening there, which definitely struck a nerve

"Now you've crossed the line." said Shingeko, in a completely serious but clearly enraged tone.

He then dashes at the Excubitor trying to free himself with his kunai, aiming not to kill, but make a cut on the uniform large enough so he can apply his darts. Sensei and Teishi protect themselves with Protect and Ryu fires a Scald at the Gardevoir.

371 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-26 08:03:01)

Pueltown - 25/8/14

-Still completely impassive, the Gallade bears the brunt of Divoom's Air Slash before swatting him aside with another Psycho Cut. The Excubitor attempting to free themselves pauses their efforts long enough to parry Shingeko's attack and attempt to counter with a blow to the stomach.-

-The Gardevoir is burned and taken down to the red by the Scald, giving a cry of pain and bringing down a Thunderbolt on Ryu in return. Meanwhile, the second Excubitor swings their stun baton at Sensei, pressing forward methodically.-

Pueltown - 25/8/14

-Somewhere away from Shingeko's encounter.  Gekkobi has finally gotten around to putting his costume back on, and is currently moving about the rooftops alone with an eye out for any petty criminal activity.  Though honestly he doesn't expect to run into much tonight-

373 (edited by Herbert40k 2014-08-26 08:08:37)

Elsewhere in Pueltown - 25/8/14

-Gekkobi may find his expectations subverted by the sight of what appears to be a costumed figure crouched on a nearby rooftop, surveying the streets below.-

Elsewhere in Pueltown - 25/8/14

-Curiosity piqued, Gekkobi attempts to silently approach the figure from behind.  Thinking at first that it must be one of the other heroes on patrol or something-

375 (edited by FullMoon 2014-08-26 10:31:13)

Pueltown - 25/8/14

Upon being struck by the Gallade, Divoom is thrown at a wall and falls to the ground while was kneeling on the ground and covering her wound with her hand, seeing that, Divoom begins get up.

"<You...>"

He then begins glowite white and soon enough a big Noivern was in his place, he starts flying, glaring at the Gallade and then at his owner ahead.

"<You're DEAD!>

He then begins raining Draco Meteors everywhere. Shingeko manages to dodge the blow from the Excubitor and looks up at the incoming meteors.

"This... This is going to be messy." said Shingeko, turning to Teishi and Sensei "Guys!"

They quickly nod and take Sub-Zero close to them before using Protect to escape from the attack. Ryu just uses Substitute once more to dodge the Thunderbolt and disappears from view. Aline can only watch everything going on before eventually passing out.